• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I am waiting on a phone call from Samaritans Purse, so far I have seven people from my church and a 15 passenger van. I am hoping that we can fill that van up and come down on the 17th. If I get that date a good one, I will have a pastor send an email out to everyone at the church and fill the remaining eight spots left. The plan is to leave early the 17th in the AM, work the day and then drive home.

If that fails, I will take a trip with a few friends to work with SP.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Went up yesterday to deliver water and food. I'm still working on my side of the river for donations...
    Here are some of the pictures...

IMG_20120304_160952.jpg

The bus that went through the building.

IMG_20120304_154916.jpg

That's a mobile home frame, we think.

IMG_20120304_170631.jpg

One of the buildings/homes that was completely destroyed. They were picking up pieces with a bucket...

IMG_20120304_161526.jpg

The front of Henryville School.

IMG_20120304_171154.jpg

The back of Henryville School.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    The Vienna Church will be the best place to take donations as people have been there all day taking stuff. It's located at Hwy 31 and Leota Rd.

Take exit 29 off I-65 and head east a few blocks to US 31 and turn right. Its right on the corner.
    The ladies at the church was telling us that it's still a mess. People have not had a hot meal since Thursday/Friday. And very little sleep. Some adults are squeezing into kids clothing items. They said they are directing alot of thier resources in the direction of Marysville and Chelsea.
    We took alot, we went to Deals down the street here and spent quite a bit on baby/kid items, hygene items, toys/dolls. Took alot of things here from the house. We wanted to make sure our help made it to where it mattered so we took it ourselves, I want to thank D2VW14_20 guiding us in the right direction.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A buddy of mine is ISP and he's been there for several days. He has a lot of empathy for the storm victims as he and his wife lived through Katrina.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    The Vienna Church will be the best place to take donations as people have been there all day taking stuff. It's located at Hwy 31 and Leota Rd.

Take exit 29 off I-65 and head east a few blocks to US 31 and turn right. Its right on the corner.
    The ladies at the church was telling us that it's still a mess. People have not had a hot meal since Thursday/Friday. And very little sleep. Some adults are squeezing into kids clothing items. They said they are directing alot of thier resources in the direction of Marysville and Chelsea.
    We took alot, we went to Deals down the street here and spent quite a bit on baby/kid items, hygene items, toys/dolls. Took alot of things here from the house. We wanted to make sure our help made it to where it mattered so we took it ourselves, I want to thank D2VW14_20 guiding us in the right direction.

Thanks for donating!!! Since we got dispatched out there, the amount of help they are getting, or lack there of, is astonishing. They are getting nothing compared to Henryville, and I think thats mostly due to the State taking over and their priorities. Its getting better by the day, but still needs alot of help. Thanks again.

Top Bottom