• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    I've been shooting with a group of guys and gals weekly for about 8 months now and they all shoot IDPA and I shot a practice match last fall with them. So when the first match came around two weeks ago me and my roommate both entered. Well I ended up winning the unclassified division for the match (5 or 6 shooter in it) and had an absolute blast! We had a classifier shoot Saturday and I classified sharpshooter in SSP and marksman in CDP (with a gun I purchased the night before and some borrowed gear haha). This is the first real competitive shooting I've done and I'm excited for the rest of the summer now.

So here is a video of one of the stages we ran two weeks ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiZB...DvjVQa1PpcFN-JOi3jMEyxmo5HtT8EF2SE78n_SH9I44=

and here is my pistols I'll be using, M&P 45 and S&W 1911 E
    IMG_20120406_225543-1.jpg

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Sounds like your journey to the [STRIKE]darkside[/STRIKE], I mean, competitive shooting is complete:D I agree with Bill- give USPSA a shot (pun intended) if you can. Also, you might as well go ahead and get your rifle and shotgun ready for multigun; we all end up there.

Enjoy!

Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    I'll have to look into USPSA. I need to get a progressive press as it is :D if I start shooting two different competitions I'll really need to get one.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Ha well I'm 25 and single, so I can keep golfing haha

Not if you get the bug, unless you have unlimited funds and unlimited time.;)

I shoot at least one match almost every weekend during the season. Add in .22 matches and multigun, reloading for everything and you can spend a small fortune in guns, gear and components. And if I'm not on the range, I'm reloading...:patriot:

Good luck :ingo:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Ha well I'm 25 and single, so I can keep golfing haha

I haven't golfed in 4 years...Ironically, that is about the time I was introduced to USPSA. I can't afford both and I'm fairly well compensated.

However, if you are still living at home or do not have a mortgage, you probably still can :D

My brother and I have two Dillon 550B one set up for 9mm the other for .40. I would just break down and buy a 650. I'm contemplating it. It is much cheaper than a new set of clubs :D

Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    I haven't golfed in 4 years...Ironically, that is about the time I was introduced to USPSA. I can't afford both and I'm fairly well compensated.

However, if you are still living at home or do not have a mortgage, you probably still can :D

My brother and I have two Dillon 550B one set up for 9mm the other for .40. I would just break down and buy a 650. I'm contemplating it. It is much cheaper than a new set of clubs :D

Me and my roommate both shoot 45 so we split the cost of all the reloading stuff, and really the only golfing I do anymore is a tuesday night league thats 9 holes a week. Where would be the closest USPSA events be at for me? I'm in northern Lagrange county, currently I shoot IDPA in sturgis MI right across the state line.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    IMG_20120416_165321.jpg

Picked this up saturday, need to get some speed loaders and holster for it now. Luckily there is a gunshow in town on friday and saturday

Always good to see another revolver shooter come into competition:rockwoot:

I think that makes three of us in this state:laugh:

Just a suggestion, go with Safariland Comp III speedloaders. HK are more available and cheaper, but I think you'll find the Comp III to be a lot faster:twocents:

ETA: Fobus makes an l-frame S&W holster that would work well also- if that Taurus will fit.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Me and my roommate both shoot 45 so we split the cost of all the reloading stuff, and really the only golfing I do anymore is a tuesday night league thats 9 holes a week. Where would be the closest USPSA events be at for me? I'm in northern Lagrange county, currently I shoot IDPA in sturgis MI right across the state line.

Angola has a club. (first Sunday of the month)

Fort Wayne Area Practical Pistol shooters in Harlan. (third Sunday of the month)

Warsaw is another great club ( Second sunday of the month)

Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    Always good to see another revolver shooter come into competition:rockwoot:

I think that makes three of us in this state:laugh:

Just a suggestion, go with Safariland Comp III speedloaders. HK are more available and cheaper, but I think you'll find the Comp III to be a lot faster:twocents:

ETA: Fobus makes an l-frame S&W holster that would work well also- if that Taurus will fit.

Thanks for the info on speed loaders. From what I found the taurus supposedly fits in k frame holsters

Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    Angola has a club. (first Sunday of the month)

Fort Wayne Area Practical Pistol shooters in Harlan. (third Sunday of the month)

Warsaw is another great club ( Second sunday of the month)

My uncle was actually talking to me about the one down in harlan as he is a member there. He said he was putting together some barricades for the range to use for it to.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So are there opportunities to shoot within reasonable driving distance from Lafayette? And what about new shooters? Can you learn from others or is it so highly competitive that new shooters are left on their own to figure it out? Can you start out with minimal investment or do you have to "gear up" from day one?

Top Bottom