• ...and so much more!
  • David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Gregkl,
    If you have a handgun (9mm or larger), enough magazines to hold 40ish rounds, a belt holster that covers the trigger guard,and are willing to abide by a couple of safety rules your set. Atlanta conservation club is relatively close, but new clubs are popping up all over so there may be one closer.

Is it competitive? Everyone is there to have good time (definitions of a good time may vary).

Will you be left to figure it out on your own? If you ask a question, not a chance.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Gregkl,
    If you have a handgun (9mm or larger), enough magazines to hold 40ish rounds, a belt holster that covers the trigger guard,and are willing to abide by a couple of safety rules your set. Atlanta conservation club is relatively close, but new clubs are popping up all over so there may be one closer.

Is it competitive? Everyone is there to have good time (definitions of a good time may vary).

Will you be left to figure it out on your own? If you ask a question, not a chance.

I'm getting more interested daily...:) I don't have a pistol yet, but part of my consideration to get one is to gauge whether I will actually shoot it or have it become a safe queen like my .44 mag.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So are there opportunities to shoot within reasonable driving distance from Lafayette? And what about new shooters? Can you learn from others or is it so highly competitive that new shooters are left on their own to figure it out? Can you start out with minimal investment or do you have to "gear up" from day one?

Wildcat Valley is about as close to Lafayette as you can get. www.wvrpc.org

You can find all IDPA-affiliated clubs at www.idpa.com.

Top Bottom