• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just curious.
    What do you do if you happen to find a handgun in the restroom of some public place (restaurant, library etc)? :dunno:

You walk in.See that (picture bellow) and nobody else is around.

Do you touch it?
    Leave it there?
    Call the police?
    Try to look around for the owner?
    Faint?
    Pee first?
    Post it on INGO with your smart phone?

Etc.

image-3324785289.jpg

:popcorn:

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I wouldn't touch it. I would tell the manager at a restaurant. Call police if it was a park or somewhere with no supervision.

Just curious.
    What do you do if you happen to find a handgun in the restroom of some public place (restaurant, library etc)? :dunno:

You walk in.See that (picture bellow) and nobody else is around.

Do you touch it?
    Leave it there?
    Call the police?
    Try to look around for the owner?
    Faint?
    Pee first?
    Post it on INGO with your smart phone?

Etc.

image-3324785289.jpg

:popcorn:

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I suppose I would call the police if I had their non emergency number handy, then tell the manager. Otherwise, tell him he probably should call and put the gun somewhere until they can pick it up. Who knows how long it would be until someone finally figures out when and where they left it :rolleyes:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    If business: get manager.
    If public / no staff on hand: call police.

Well I...
    -Wouldn't leave it unattended.
    -Wouldn't pick it up and put my fingerprints all over it.
    -Would probably try to tell the manager somehow... maybe grab a wad of papertowels, eject the magazine, clear the chamber, lock the slide open, and hold it with the paper towels while I went looking for a manager/employee to get a manager. (It would be hidden in the paper towels so as to not cause a "disturbance."

If there aren't any paper towels (just those stupid air dryers that don't dry) I'd try to find a way that I could handle it hidden without actually making contact with the gun while I looked for someone or while I waited on police.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Based on the scenario you painted, Sylvain...I'm guessing this is just a bone-headed mistake by some gun owner. If so, I'm equating this to somebody leaving their glasses or cell phone behind. I'd probably go ahead and do whatever business I came in there for hoping that the carelessness would soon be recognized and the owner would return soon. If not, I'd probably wrap it in a paper towel or two and take it to the manager as a lost and found issue.

Personally, I'd like to not get somebody in some trouble if I thought it was a innocent (but careless) mistake.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    - Continue with the business I went there for.
    - During said business, browse the interwebs.
    - Order barrel, extractor and firing pin for my new gun.
    - Finish original business and leave.
    - Buy lotto ticket

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Step outside the door and blocking the entry, have the first patron call for the manager.

This is kind of what I was thinking.

I would expect my SO to never trust me with a firearm again if I were stupid enough to leave it in a bathroom. God forbid some kid gets a hold of it and kills himself or someone else.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Well 18 minutes elapsed between your original post and the one where you asked about leaving the gun unattended. Have you spent that time staring at the gun trying to decide what to do? Most stall doors can be locked from the outside with a coin. Lock the door, and get the manager.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well 18 minutes elapsed between your original post and the one where you asked about leaving the gun unattended. Have you spent that time staring at the gun trying to decide what to do? Most stall doors can be locked from the outside with a coin. Lock the door, and get the manager.

You're assuming that he's in the US and that France has the same stall doors as us.

Top Bottom