• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrPrepper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Acton IN
    Not sure if it was a good deal or not. Never spent more than 300 on a shotgun before, specially one as.. goofy as this.

6x 10 round mags, AR grip and stock, no rail for a red dot tho, gotta figure that one out.

But I am still trying to figure out what it is "Good For" :)

Goofy lookin, mag fed, Russian shotgun. Will take it out to shoot some clays here this weekend and give a range report.

Does anyone have any experiance with Saiga shotguns? I think I got it for a good price, so I figure I can sell it and buy a decent autoloader it doesnt work out.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    id say you got a good deal as long as it works properly. at work we sell them for 500 brand new. as for a home defense gun they are not recommended. difficult to feed loaded mag with chamber closed and takes long time to pull and lock the chamber to insert magazine, especially in a stressful situation. and getting a loaded magzine in with the bolt closed forget about it. id say if u just wanted it to have to shoot clays and cause a ruckus, u found the right tool. and it probably does have the rail mount for a scope or red dot, on side of weapon away from bolt. just like AK mount. if its not there then probably cant mount a red dot in a normal fashion. and if u really wanna wake up the neighborhood....get a 20 round drum

DrPrepper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Acton IN
    id say you got a good deal as long as it works properly. at work we sell them for 500 brand new. as for a home defense gun they are not recommended. difficult to feed loaded mag with chamber closed and takes long time to pull and lock the chamber to insert magazine, especially in a stressful situation. and getting a loaded magzine in with the bolt closed forget about it. id say if u just wanted it to have to shoot clays and cause a ruckus, u found the right tool. and it probably does have the rail mount for a scope or red dot, on side of weapon away from bolt. just like AK mount. if its not there then probably cant mount a red dot in a normal fashion. and if u really wanna wake up the neighborhood....get a 20 round drum

Yeah thats what I am thinking. Its a pretty interesting shotgun without much purpose. I figure I will hang onto it, if it ever gets banned it may be worth some $$$.

I figure there is like 10 ways it could be banned, import regs, mag cap, destructive device, etc etc etc.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You got a heck of a deal, on a great shotgun by reputation. Those extra mags alone included with the shotgun were a bargain. I'd have to argue that it'd make a fine home protection shotgun. You can unload a 10 rd mag from this quicker than you can pump out 10 rds in an 870 not to mention being able to have different mags loaded with different ammo for different purposes. It's a versatile gun and I'd like to hear how you like it after you take after some clays with it.

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I'd argue that it is a very, very good all around shotgun and perfect for home defense. The reload takes some practice but is still faster than putting 8 back into the tube of a pump gun. AK reliability with 12 gauge fury and a box magazine, what's not to like?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    shotgun new is $500, 10 round mags are $25 EACH, right there is $650 if you were to buy it new. I would say you got a hell of a deal!

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    and of course u must remember that everyone's statements about a saiga shotgun including mine are simply our opinion. u may find it to be not just a good shooter but a good home defense gun. it all depends on ur needs and how comfortable u are applying the weapon in different situations and scenario's. personally i run a remington 870 express 12ga. with blackhawk spec ops stock, hogue forend, mesa 6 shot sidesaddle, and other add ons. but i recommend if u get a shotgun for home defense try several different weapons on the range to find what your most comfortable with before investing in a true home defense gun.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Not sure if it was a good deal or not. Never spent more than 300 on a shotgun before, specially one as.. goofy as this.

6x 10 round mags, AR grip and stock, no rail for a red dot tho, gotta figure that one out.

But I am still trying to figure out what it is "Good For" :)

Goofy lookin, mag fed, Russian shotgun. Will take it out to shoot some clays here this weekend and give a range report.

Does anyone have any experiance with Saiga shotguns? I think I got it for a good price, so I figure I can sell it and buy a decent autoloader it doesnt work out.

It's really only good for HD, hunting, target shooting and competition shooting.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Do you want to make $51 ?? :D

$52

bobbarker325.jpg

I can do this all night.

:laugh:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Never thought I'd see a thread with both Saiga 12 and Bob Barker (wing-nut) in it.... :D
    Something new every day around here.

Awesome deal , and I'd join the bidding war... As for Saiga's not being that good for HD, I would tend to question that... they can put more lead downrange more quickly than just about anything I can think of. And I dang sure wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of that!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Shooter521 - Did you convert that? Converting them is something that interests me - and judging by the conversion party thread resurrection that just popped up in the forum - I doubt I'm alone....

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    We do not always give Russia the credit that they deserve. The Saiga is a combat shotgun designed for extreme hard use by individuals that recieve little training on any kind of weapon system, let alone the Saiga. The Spetnaz used this shotgun regularly with great results as an entry gun, so it is safe to say that home defense is plausible

Top Bottom