• ...and so much more!
  • kungfupipe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Greencastle
    saiga 12 conversion

the conversion isnt that difficult and only requires a small amount of tools. i am basically mechanically retarded, but with the help of YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.and http://http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-template/Videos-and-Links/Page and Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories" i was able to get through my first one with hardly any problems. be warned though, it can be addictive once you see how many options there are now. i think you will have fun and in the end you will probably want another s12. :rockwoot:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Should you need help with the conversion, i've done a few. Shooter, i noticed you have a factory 8...you should sell it to me as they aren't very rare and not worth much money ;)

here's a picture of my 12.

picture.php

Should you need a rail, i recommend the chaos extended quad. Should you need a drum go with the Md arms.

The first thing you need to do is unscrew the gas selector and make sure you have at least 3 open ports. Some guns were shipped with 2 (vodka specials) and will need to be sent off to cadiz gun works for porting (they handle all warranty issues). After this if you gun isn't converted, you need to get that done. It makes a world of difference. There is a new gas plug out now by tac47 industries that makes it so you can run whatever shell combo you want without having to switch settings. If you need ANY help or direction, feel free to PM me.

100 bullets

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Georgia
    You got a good deal for the gun!
    Not including the mags and the conversion stock and grip. If I was closer I'd ask if you want to make an extra $150

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Here are some things to look at for your saiga that you can't live without...

Tromix charging handle...kinda like rackin' a 60
    SGP79-800.jpg

You can get the chaos quad rail with hk sights...

images

You can put a folding stock on it, for compactness.
    S178inchLrg3w.jpg

Or you can put a collapsible one on like mine above.

There are tons of muzzle breaks, flash hiders, and yes, even suppressors for the S-12

YouTube - ‪SuppressedRedJacketS 12‬‎

You've just started down your path to addiction... I'm already too far gone...

fordmech_2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    Make sure you set the gas puck or plug to the proper setting for the shell you are shooting or it may damage th rifle or cause a failure to feed or eject. I belive setting one is for magnum rounds and 2 is for everything else (someone back me up on this)

DrPrepper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Acton IN
    Welp guys I wanted to get back to you, thanks for ALL the great info VitaminK!

I really appreciate it. I might pick up one of those charging handles.

Welp I took it out, basically, runs great with buck and slugs, or higher brass shells, light target loads are a no-go. with either setting.

Other than that, runs like a champ, good cheek weld with the stock iron sights too. Made some bleach bottles run across the field no problem :)

I like the stock sights, I might forgo the red dot, this thing is pretty nice just as is.

Probably just get a flashlight, and call it good.

The trigger pull, is nothing less than SWEET. I like it.

Still not sure what its good for, but I like it :)

Enjoy my effeminate bedspread shot.

SaQuT.jpg

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    Welp I took it out, basically, runs great with buck and slugs, or higher brass shells, light target loads are a no-go. with either setting.
    Getting stovepipes FTE?

Polish up the hammer....
    New G2's need some break in or polish...

just enough drag with a new g2 to slow down the carrier...

DrPrepper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Acton IN
    Its not even working the action. the bolt doesnt move.

Some pretty powder puff loads tho, walmart bulk pack game loads work fine so I am going to call it good.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Im short stroking just thinking that you paid 300$ for that....should've cost you a lot more for a converted s12.

DrPrepper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Acton IN
    OK I do have some questions, one is.. it is REALLY hard to get the mag in with a closed bolt. Is the right thing to do, lock the bolt back, load the mag, send the bolt forward? I mean at the moment thats the only thing that works.

Also the mags are pretty tight in the mag well, I mean they are in there. You have got to really sneak em in there to get them to be able to lock in.

What is the preferred way to get a red dot on these suckers? Aimpoint Micro knockoff on a ultimak rail work ok? Also thinking about the Galil style handguard, going to order that today I think. The stock one is kinda.. meh.

I am liking this gun more and more the more I play with it :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom