• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    They don't use Voter Registration anymore... I'm sure it's probably listed on Indiana's website somewhere but this is the first instance I found.

Welcome To baclocal4.org!
    JURY DUTY IS NO LONGER DETERMINED BY VOTER REGISTRATION FILES
    JURY DUTY SELECTION IS NOW MADE FROM BMV AND INCOME TAX RECORDS
    (EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2006)
    Source: Judge John J. Pera, Chair
    Indiana Supreme Court Jury Pool Project
    (Northwest Indiana Times, October 24, 2005)

their Database is messed up..
    I have my name on 2 cars, a truck, 2 trailers, 2 tracks of land...
    I have only been called once in 30 years..
    My wife gets called every summer with out fail, and by her maiden name...
    this has been going on for 10 years...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I got to serve on a civil case and enjoyed every minute of it. Some a-hole wanted to sue an old lady for his wages as a carpenter. Eventhough he wasn't a carpenter. Oh and he got fired before the accident. Oh and he was positive for most drugs.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's not. They need to screen to make sure they exclude relatives and employees of parties & attorneys involved in the case.

This could be solved with a closed ended question rather than an open ended question. "List the ages names and occupations of all members of your household" is a lot different than "Are any of the members of your household attorneys or judges?" I am with Scutter, their question does not appear to be relevant to their purpose.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    So, I received notification that I'm being considered for jury duty in Hamilton County. They have a questionnaire that you have to send back that helps them determine your eligibility for jury selection (are you 18, are you a citizen, do you speak English, etc.) but they have an online form that you can fill out rather than mail in the paper version. Nifty, eh?

Now, even though I dislike jury duty, as a responsible citizen I'm more than happy to contribute. However, it would be nice if, when submitting the form, I didn't receive an OLE database error. :xmad:

Guess I'll be mailing in the paper one anyway. *sigh*

When you talk to them (the court folks), let them know I will gladly fix their problem for a small fee ;)

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Well, I'm going downtown for my jury duty interview or whatever it is next Monday, but I have to call first sometime on Sunday evening to make sure that the status hasn't changed. So there's still the outside chance that I won't have it. I'm not really against it being a juror or anything, but I am against losing money when I could be working instead....

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Dont Jurors get compensated for their time?

I wouldn't mind serving at some point. Sounds cool.

Depends on what you consider "compensated."

From Hamilton Co. Jury site
    ATTENDANCE
    You will be paid $17.50 for reporting for jury duty and $40.00 per day if you are a sworn member of the jury.
    In addition, you will be paid mileage for travel expenses.
    If requested, you will be provided proof of attendance.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I don't know what it is now, but in Vermilion Co. IL, it WAS $11.00 a day. Most employers made up the difference. That was something like 23-25 years ago. I don't know about now.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My employer makes you sign over your jury duty check to them if you expect to still be paid for the time you had to take off.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My boss also pays me the same even when I am on Jury duty = 100% commission.

And I can take all the vacations I want, since I am 100% commission! And I can get whatever health care I want since he doesn't burden us with any!

Ugh...

Top Bottom