• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    All I know is that we sell a bunch of the Judges and a crap load of the Federal ammo. If ever we get a used one in on trade I will have one!

snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    Mgderf, Great info on your post (#33 peralink). To the others that have provided info on the Judge, Thank you too.

I just bought a Judge from Plainfield Shooting Supplies. Great guys in the store. Real helpful and made you feel comfortable with any questions or comments. I'm terrible with names and spelling them too (sorry) but I think it was Joe and Jermey that helped me.

Wow, that ammo is real expensive. I got the home protection .410 rounds and .45LC rounds. I'm at work now so I can tell you any other specifics about the ammo. I remember the shotshell were from Federal, but I don't remember the LC manufacture.

Look forward to shooting it. Have to search around and find some cheaper range rounds.

The gun looks a little elongated but it sort of reminds me of my old snub nose, .44 Mag, model 29, S&W. Wish I would have never sold that gun.

Lastly, I noticed that the three Judges that I look at had a little more play in the cylinder (small rotation against the mechanism while gun is inactive) than I thought they should. Must be ok because all three were the same.

Happy target shooting...

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Is anyone else having difficulty finding .45 LC ? I had some plinking rounds ordered from Cabelas, and they've been pushed back so many times that my order is going to be cancelled. Midway, nothing. Able Ammo, nothing. Cheaper than Dirt, nada. I have been able to find some +p. But I'm not comfortable using those in a Judge.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hey guys, new to the forum. Mike-mgderf knows me. We have since upgraded our 0000 to show 4 balls at 78 grains apiece.

Well hello Paraklese! Get yourself up to the members introductions thread at the top of the home page.

"Check-in", and give folks a sense of yourself.

BTW folks- this is an Indiana company :patriot:

Glad to see you finally made it here :welcome: 2 :ingo:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Hey guys, new to the forum. Mike-mgderf knows me. We have since upgraded our 0000 to show 4 balls at 78 grains apiece.

below are a couple of youtube vids we did today. kind of grainy had to use the crackberry to shoot them.

YouTube - waterjugs vs. UltraBuck 0000 buckshot .410 2 1/2"

YouTube - UltraBuck 0000 .410 Buckshot. 3" Siaga

That's still not enough penetration. Water is a poor medium for testing penetration because it isn't a direct rating between inches of water to inches of human. A rough estimate is you need twice as much penetration in water to meet the 12" required in ballistic gelatin. So, three jugs of water isn't enough to trust.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I've been shooting my Judge with the new Federal self defense shells and they are great! The pellets stay pretty tightly grouped at 30 feet. A super defense load.

Also, it's an amazingly accurate revolver with 45LC. Amazing for a Judge anyway. I can keep a 3 inch radius at 10 yards with 45 ammo.

The Judge is the most fun gun I've got. The grip is so nice that even with a large recoil, it's not painful or anywhere near as difficult to shoot as my S&W airweight.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    They might be effective and fun to shoot but man are they ugly! That's DEEP concealment material in my world.

<sure wouldn't mind having one in between the front seats in my truck though. :draw:>

Top Bottom