• Status
    Not open for further replies.

marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    Your job is not to intimdate and harassment. If you pull a guy over for a taillight out deal with that issue, dont keep pushing for the needle in the haystack. I have the upmost respect, but dont intimidate, it's not becoming. Your most likely a person who was picked on sometime early in life and think it's time to get back. Most cases LEO's would'nt want any part of the men they harass. Hide behind your badge and gun. Take them off and your only a man. Highly trained in your field, but only a man. The early time you speak of, were usually decided in a completely different way. Fist to cuffs. No badge no gun. So I ask can you take an ass-whoopin and deal with it? Or will it hurt your feelings and make you angry and take it out on someone else. These are just words being spoken, and if it makes upset, than YOUR just thinned skinned....

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    I never said anything about coercing. Any coerced consent is in fact not consent. Anything seized will be suppressed in court. Fruit of the poisonous tree. Not only will charges not be filled but you will look silly. Lose credibility.

If I had a gut feeling the person I had stopped was up to no good or had something illegal in the vehicle WHY IN THE HELL would I not make an attempt to get consent to search. Maybe he is on his way to kick your door in and rape your wife...or life partner? Maybe he is on his way to sell your teenager heroin that they would have overdosed on?

Bottom line folks I have a job to do. Few of you understand. You go wherever the media takes you, forming your opinions on bias information. Let me explain it to you like this.

Lets say you worked quality control at a factory inspecting widgets. Most widgets are good and you send them along. Every now and then you come a crossed a widget that is not obviously defective but something is off. You have came a crossed enough of these widgets to know sometimes they will explode in childrens faces when they play with the widgets, sometimes they may not. You can hold the assembly line and take a even closer look at the widget and ensure that it is indeed safe. Or send it along. It is indeed my job to take a closer look.

You would not show up to work as a truck driver, janitor and refuse to drive or clean? Why would you show up to a job protecting and serving and refuse to protect? Because a few new world order Illuminati end of the world guys watched some youtube videos and read some stuff on www.copsaresatan.com? Not me.

I am not a widget! i am a natural, free thinking, free willed being. I have rights, by my very nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    BTW, the supreme court ruled that the police have no duty to "protect", so you can scrape that word off the side of your car, and put of your mind.

BTW not true. You have a duty to act. From the fed to state down to department SOPS.

Even if you didn't your in the wrong line of work if you don't?

That is not on my car anyways.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Your job is not to intimdate and harassment. If you pull a guy over for a taillight out deal with that issue, dont keep pushing for the needle in the haystack. I have the upmost respect, but dont intimidate, it's not becoming. Your most likely a person who was picked on sometime early in life and think it's time to get back. Most cases LEO's would'nt want any part of the men they harass. Hide behind your badge and gun. Take them off and your only a man. Highly trained in your field, but only a man. The early time you speak of, were usually decided in a completely different way. Fist to cuffs. No badge no gun. So I ask can you take an ass-whoopin and deal with it? Or will it hurt your feelings and make you angry and take it out on someone else. These are just words being spoken, and if it makes upset, than YOUR just thinned skinned....

On a side note I was never picked on. There is NO winner in a street fight. You ever been punched in your jaw? It really hurts. Even if you hit the other guy several times it still worth getting hit that one time? Three years ago I dedicated my life to fitness. I had a hard time running on a treadmill for no real purpose so I got into judo, jujitsu. That was really fun but I have a competitive nature. I then went to combat sports. I have a ammy boxing rec 1-0 and a ammy mma record 5-0-1. I won the novice division gi and no gi at the extreme grappling open 10' . I could talk about combat sports all day long why did you have to bring up ass whipping lol. Unless its a life of death situation fighting outside of a structured environment with malice in your heart is absolutely crazy.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The productivity of this thread is diminishing rapidly. Accusing and name calling will get us nowhere. This is an excellent opportunity for like minded, or close to it, gun lovers to interact. The fact that many are LEOS and many are not creates a perfect forum for us to begin to see each others views and maybe improve relations between the two on some level. I feel that if us NON-leos can help some leos to see things the way they were or should be, perhaps that insight will spread amongst their ranks like a disease and somehow, some way, some day they may begin to question their orders as unlawful or deceitful. SOME are control freaks, some are not, some know what they are doing while others only know they are doing what they are taught or ordered to do. Lets all take this opportunity to make some real changes and not just empty headed campaign changes.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Sure, if you ACTUALLY OBSERVE something. But that's not what you're talking about in your previous posts.

Its not a job where you walk around and wait for something to happen in front of you. Like I said before if I have a hunch something illegal is occurring or about to occur I am going to use all of the tools I have within the law to prevent or stop the illegal action.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    The productivity of this thread is diminishing rapidly. Accusing and name calling will get us nowhere. This is an excellent opportunity for like minded, or close to it, gun lovers to interact. The fact that many are LEOS and many are not creates a perfect forum for us to begin to see each others views and maybe improve relations between the two on some level. I feel that if us NON-leos can help some leos to see things the way they were or should be, perhaps that insight will spread amongst their ranks like a disease and somehow, some way, some day they may begin to question their orders as unlawful or deceitful. SOME are control freaks, some are not, some know what they are doing while others only know they are doing what they are taught or ordered to do. Lets all take this opportunity to make some real changes and not just empty headed campaign changes.

Its all good. There needs to be a pro/anti leo sticky thread where anything goes. If anything people will just be able to blow off some steam!

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Personally after reading some post I am a bit more cautious when asking questions I considered routine. I can see some people feel they are being interrogated or harassed.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I don't know about the validity of this, maybe someone can research the case law mentioned and join in with a synopsis of it. Maybe it will help, maybe not.
    It is not the duty of the police to protect you. Their job is to protect the Corporation and arrest code breakers. Sapp v. Tallahasee, 348 So. 2nd. 363, Reiff v. City of Philadelphia, 477 F.Supp. 1262, Lynch v. N.C. Dept of Justice 376 S.E. 2nd. 247.

marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    Excellent view. I just felt like this was the perfect oppurtunity to let the feelings go on a post where my actions could not have incriminated me into a PC search. I wish I could say I know what the LEO's go through on a nightly basis, but I would not want to insult them. I dont know, and appreciate what they do for us and what they give up to be there for us. And yes punches do hurt, only when you get hit.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    If you're scared, because I'm wearing a gun and have a badge, that's on you.

I don't normally hop in on these threads, and I have a lot of respect for LEOs because I've always had fairly good interactions with them and know a few personally. Having said that, I couldn't pass up this quote. I agree with it, but I think it works both ways. To any LEO that take guns at traffic stops for no good reason, "If you're scared because I'm wearing a gun and have a valid LTCH, that's on YOU!" Is that not also true?

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Maybe there is just something fundamentally wrong with the way law enforcement is conducted. I'm sure there are many good leo's out there, but maybe the system itself is to blame.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Maybe there is just something fundamentally wrong with the way law enforcement is conducted. I'm sure there are many good leo's out there, but maybe the system itself is to blame.
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! Now how do we change it? Voting got us here to begin with. Complaining gets us no where. Maybe this thread and threads just like it ARE the way to change it? Maybe we can change it from within by intelligent conversation with those that are actually in the field doing the job? I'm telling you people, common sense and reason WILL spread like a disease if utilized properly.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    It is the person who decides how a stop should be conducted, the tone to use, the intimidation factor to go with, and what rights they attempt to trample.

MOST cops probably are great, love their job and do it for the right reasons...but many love the power the badge provides them. I feel that cops as a whole get a bad rep for a few bad apples. But the bad apples need to be weeded out, and not promoted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom