Joe Donnelly's senate contact page activated.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    This is what I just posted:

Joe,
    I know that there has been much discussion as of late concerning citizens owning semi-automatic rifles with the so-called "high-capacity clips"; I would like to stress to you that the Second Amendment does not differentiate on type of weapons, nor does it stipulate the number of rounds available. The second amendment has been circumvented more than any other amendment in the Bill Of Rights, and it must stop!

It is your duty to uphold the Constitution... until the second amendment is amended, remember the last four words "Shall not be infringed"

I for one will be watching you and all of my elected officials very closely on this and all other matters concerning my rights... If you fail to uphold your oath, you will be replaced!

Thank you,

Jason A. Partridge

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I sent him a letter. The only ones I've heard back from are Coats and Stutzman. Stutzman is pretty good about replying quickly.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Just sent this.

Dear Senator Donnelly,

Congratulations on your recent election victory and inauguration. Now that you have taken your seat in the US Senate as an elected representative of the state of Indiana I would strongly urge you to remember your oath of office and the residents of the state which elected you. Since the Newtown massacre the Federal government, some State governments and ALL of the network media sources have brought wave after wave of "gun control" onslaught on Americans.

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is one of the clearest in the Bill of Rights. It couldn't be clearer in fact. More to the point no where in our Constitution does it say that we will be a "safe" society. It only states that we will be a free society. A free society cannot be impinged by knee jerk political solutions that will give us neither safety or security.

In the course of the next few days, weeks, and months I am sure there will be many late night closed door deals. Sideways bargains and much rhetoric ado about nothing. I will state this very plainly Senator. You would be well to remember the body you represent. You have a chance to be a man of integrity who isn't afraid to cross party lines and do not only what is right but your obligation and oath and we will remember you kindly for it. The also have the other option of playing the politics of standing on graves and promoting fear and if that is the case we will not remember you at all.

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    Grrr. Donnelly's website still having issues? Oh well, I'll keep trying. Here's the content of my message to Joe. We need to make sure Joe knows how Hoosiers feel.

Senator Donnelly,
    Congratulations on your election to the U.S. Senate. I'm sure you consider it an honor to represent the fine people of Indiana. I commend you on your public service.

This is the first time I have written to one of my elected representatives. I do not often venture into political discussions. However, I am concerned that there is a misguided push to infringe upon the rights of Americans. Under the guise of protecting our children, there is a contingent of the Administration and its supporters that are looking to restrict the freedoms of responsible gun owners.

You know as well as I do that additional laws and regulations hindering the purchase, transfer, and ownership of firearms by law-abiding citizens will not rectify the issues our country is facing today...just as the previous "Assault Weapons Ban" did nothing to deter gun violence during its existence.

It is my belief that we have the right laws on the books and enough of them. Enforcement of these laws is the issue. Additional bans on firearms, magazines, and other accessories will not have an impact on those that are intent on doing evil, but these bans will prevent the rest of us from being able to defend ourselves from those that would do us harm.

A few weeks ago, you swore in your oath of office to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." To this end, I would urge you to oppose any proposed restrictions on responsible gun owners, whether those restrictions be in the form of Executive Order or legislation.

Thank you for your time, and may God continue to bless America.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    My letter

Please respect our history:

Know where our country came from and where we will be headed. Please respect your oath to the people you serve and the core of which this great nation is founded on.

It's a sad day to be an American when the fabric that made this country is being torn by those who would see it's people perish.

The right to bear arms is VERY clear and uncompromising. This right is not one that fades with time, nor does it have an expiration date. The right to bear arms "shall not be infringed". This right is etched in the cornerstone of our nation.

If you seek further clarity in this matter I would urge you to visit the Arlington National Cemetery, where more than 300,000 Americans lay honored for paying the ultimate sacrifice while defending these principals and ideals. Legislation of the 2nd amendment is an insult to them and all those who died protecting the 2nd amendment before them.

Please review some excerpts from our forefathers below. Their words still carry to this day and remind us of why we are here and how we got here.

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950])

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights, Walter Bennett, ed., Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republican, at 21,22,124 (Univ. of Alabama Press,1975)..)

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8)

Hello watch list... goodbye TS clearance...

Last edited:

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I just wrote, and posted my letter and Sen. Donnelly's contact info on my Facebook. Maybe some less active friends will accept the spoon feeding and send a letter as well.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Now that Feinstein's attack on inanimate objects has been laid out, I just sent Senator Donnelly another message regarding my feelings on how gun bans don't work.

Don't expect miracles, but if you don't try you are guaranteed of failure. I tried.

Top Bottom