• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I was once told by an engine builder for NASCAR that everyone cheats, it is just that some people get caught. He also went on to tell me that he was never caught cheating and he left it at that.

I have been told this too by a guy I work with that used to build cars and run them out at irp back a long time ago. Thing with nascar and all their rules is that theres room to expand on what the rules dont cover. Thats where certain dominant teams get their edge. Similar to when Jeff Gordon and his team brought the t-rex to the all star race years ago. When they won and nascar got ahold of it it was so barely legal they told them not to ever bring that car back to the track.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Ray Evernham still laughs when people claim the T-Rex Chevrolet that Jeff Gordon drove to victory in the 1997 Winston All-Star race was illegal.

"That car had no cheating on it," said Evernham, then Gordon's crew chief at Hendrick Motorsports. "That car was built by what the rules were, and it never became illegal until after The Winston when NASCAR wrote rules to make the car illegal."

The car in large part was the engineering marvel of Hendrick engineer Rex Stump, who at Evernham's request built a car that pushed the limit of every gray area in NASCAR's rulebook without crossing the line into cheating.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Short story?

I don't do sports. Know nothing about anything. But if I'm challenged by someone I pick the coolest name and go for it. Be that Baseball, football, hockey etc.

Always laugh at the name Jimmy Johnson. So he is who I picked.

I win..... Again.

I'm pretty good at this! :)

/end

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Short story?

I don't do sports. Know nothing about anything. But if I'm challenged by someone I pick the coolest name and go for it. Be that Baseball, football, hockey etc.

Always laugh at the name Jimmy Johnson. So he is who I picked.

I win..... Again.

I'm pretty good at this! :)

/end

Shoulda been around when Dick Trickle was racing.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I'm glad I didn't waste my time today.

Ever since that FUBAR'd Brickyard in 2008.. which I did attend unfortunately.. they lost me as a "lifetime" fan. So every race they "organize" is a waste of time and money for anyone in my opinion... especially considering how they pissed on their most loyal fans after that debacle.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you like the cars more than the drivers, check out Le Mans style sportscar racing. Turbo Diesels running (and winning) after a 24 hour slugfest turning left and right.

I think that if racing is interesting at all, it is because of the new technology that comes to the surface every now and then. Heck, drivers are nothing more than highly paid monkeys that really couldn't do much else (no offense, Annie).

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I attended it too, it was so bad tire fragments were hitting us in the face in the stands. Nascar and goodyear should of bit the bullet and done something for the fans that attended that crap.

And we all know who won that race though. ;)

Top Bottom