• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    the ironic thing is --- I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't a gun owner himself

:scratch:
    So you would be surprised if he was a gun owner?

I understand the intent of your post, but the double negative (wouldn't/isn't) doesn't clearly represent that intent.

I would be surprised if he isn't a gun owner.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is a gun owner.

Sorry for being a grammar nazi, just trying to help!

Oh and Jim-Talk-Out-My-Butt-Carrey is a DB.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Carey has been a naturalized US Citizen since 2004, but claims to be a dual citizen of the US and Canada. He is a high school dropout with ADHD. He is entitled to his opinion and to broadcast his hate. I liked some of his work, but now that his opinion of me and what I support has come to light, I'll be passing on him and his performances.

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    :scratch:
    So you would be surprised if he was a gun owner?

I understand the intent of your post, but the double negative (wouldn't/isn't) doesn't clearly represent that intent.

I would be surprised if he isn't a gun owner.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is a gun owner.

Sorry for being a grammar nazi, just trying to help!

Oh and Jim-Talk-Out-My-Butt-Carrey is a DB.

ah yes -- the english language has rising up and bit me in the buttox again

I meant to say -- he probably owns guns and is being a hypocrite
    as are most hollywood types

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Makes me sick, all the ripping on Heston, for petes sake have some class, the guys dead. Heston was 10 x the actor this moronic imbecile imatator is.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Carrey is a glorified clown. The stupid faces and voices may be funny to 8 year old boys but his humor is generally awful. I'm sure that since Carrey is ok with "cold dead hands," then he would be ok with volunteering his services to collect "assault weapons" from them, right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see it time after time, but I still don't understand why people come from other places and then complain about how things here should change to suit their ideas and ideals...when that's how it was where they just came from. If it's so good...you know where to find it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This country has made that whack job a very rich man. He and P. Morgan can go the hell back where they came from and leave all the money they made to feed the children....It is about the children of course. Really, I am serious.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I respect his right to express his opinion. I disagree with it.

How would we feel about him if he were on our side mocking gun control groups?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Mocking them? Fine.

Mocking dead people? Not so good.

Criticizing them in the harshest language for doing things he does himself. Um, double unplusgood.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Mocking them? Fine.

Mocking dead people? Not so good.

Criticizing them in the harshest language for doing things he does himself. Um, double unplusgood.
    I don't agree with him. I don't think the video is cool or in good taste. He is making himself look bad and being disrespectful. But he has the right to express his view. Even be controversial to draw attention to himself. We can choose to make a big deal about it or ignore it. He is getting exactly what he wants if we give him our attention. It's clear that he spent a lot of time coming up with this skit. It would have been better had it not gotten any attention at all.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    His opinion much like other uninformed(on the subject), opinionated celebrities thinks the world holds what they think in high reguard so they must take to the net to tell everyone. His opinion means as much as you will let it. Its most likely a publicity stunt or he may infact be that stupid. Either way I did enjoy the comment a few pages back about him talking out his ass literally like in pet detective.. haha!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

The language he used is disrespectful at best on both sides. We are not like them - I certainly hope we're not. We are the ones who are poised, controled, rational, respectful, informed, educated, fact based, science based, outcome oriented...just look at him, listen to him, then don't do that.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Carrey is just another anti-gun hypocrite who "outsources" his gun to whoever's guarding him, while CLAIMING to be against them.

If he REALLY meant what he said, he'd INSIST that ZERO guns in ANY way be connected with his security.

There's very few things I despise more than hypocrisy.

Top Bottom