• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Jim Carrey: 'Assault Rifle' Owners Have 'Very Little in Their Body or Soul Worth Protecting' | CNS News

He's been trending all day on Twitter as well. On top of these comments, he also spoofed a song and named it "Cold Dead Hand"

Jim Carrey's foul-mouthed tirade at pro-gun lobby as he releases anti-arms spoof single Cold Dead Hand | Mail Online

I stated this earlier on my Twitter account. "Jim Carrey has the right to his opinion, no matter how skewed it is. However, I have the right to never spend my money at one of his movies ever again."

:popcorn:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    The opinion of Dumb & Dumber Carrey means little to me, I truly wish these celebrities would quit blabbing about this and their political preferences, I'm running out of movies to watch and songs to listen to!
    Remember him "talking out his ass" in Pet Detective? Guess it wasn't just an act! :laugh:

MG77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Another good ball that has fell out of touch with reality. As stated above he can say whatever he wants but I don't have to pay to watch his movies or listen to his uneducated, one sided opinion. :rolleyes:

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Who is jim carrey and why should his opinion matter to us ?

It doesn't, but unfortunately there are some really dumb poeple in our country and when a celebraty takes a stance on something a lot of dumb people think, "Well if Jim Carey thinks this is wrong/right then I should too, bc hes famous and has my best interests in mind." Agree with me or not, but there are alot of poeple that think this way.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I see it time after time, but I still don't understand why people come from other places and then complain about how things here should change to suit their ideas and ideals...when that's how it was where they just came from. If it's so good...you know where to find it.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I see it time after time, but I still don't understand why people come from other places and then complain about how things here should change to suit their ideas and ideals...when that's how it was where they just came from. If it's so good...you know where to find it.

I agree with you.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    First, who cares what an "actor" thinks about anything?

Second, Go back to Canaduh

Third, anyone want to take bets on if Carey is willing to give up his guns/bodyguards?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I were in the entertainment business and I wanted to attract the largest audience I possibly could, I think I'd keep my mouth shut about political issues. I don't really care where this actor stands on guns, abortion, climate change, or whatever--until he makes a point of letting me know. Up to then I would choose to or not to watch his performances based on whether it looked like something that would appeal to me. Now, I have other factor(s) upon which to base my buying decisions.

Last edited:

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    If I were in the entertainment business and I wanted to attract the largest audience I possibly could, I think I'd keep my mouth shut about political issues. I don't really care if this actor stands on guns, abortion, climate change, or whatever--until he makes a point of letting me know. Up to then I would choose to or not to watch his performances based on whether it looked like something that would appeal to me. Now, I have other factor(s) upon which to base my buying decisions.

My thoughts exactly.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Celebrities exist to entertain me, like a dancing monkey by an organ grinder and nothing more. I got one thing to say to actors, musicians, sports stars, etc.

"Catch the ball, sing the song, read the script, and shut the hell up. That's all I pay you to do."

YHJ

mima07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    central Indiana
    Hollywood liberals rejected Mainstreet America decades ago. Multi millionaire actors don't live in the real world. They use their wealth to insulate themselves from normal daily life. Fame and wealth seems to change a lot of people for the worse.
    Jim Carrey is just another dime a dozen actor. Others will take his place as a comedian/actor.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I always take my political advice from people who make their living convincing me they are someone that they actually are not.

I just realized the same could apply to politicians.

We are really screwed.

IndianaDave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    It doesn't, but unfortunately there are some really dumb poeple in our country and when a celebraty takes a stance on something a lot of dumb people think, "Well if Jim Carey thinks this is wrong/right then I should too, bc hes famous and has my best interests in mind." Agree with me or not, but there are alot of poeple that think this way.

Unfortunately I think you are right. I never could stand this guy anyway and now I know why.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I were in the entertainment business and I wanted to attract the largest audience I possibly could, I think I'd keep my mouth shut about political issues. I don't really care where this actor stands on guns, abortion, climate change, or whatever--until he makes a point of letting me know. Up to then I would choose to or not to watch his performances based on whether it looked like something that would appeal to me. Now, I have other factor(s) upon which to base my buying decisions.
    As long as Hollywood is in California, I think this is going to be the way it is. When oh, I dunno... say, Butte, Montana becomes the entertainment capital of the U.S., then things might change. :):

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    It appears that Carrey is just as much of a dumbass in real life as he is when he "attempts" to act. I always felt he was a terrible actor and a worst comedian.

Top Bottom