• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Looking at the history of this, it is a defamation suit. Kyle claimed the incident occurred, Ventura said it didn't. Unfortunately, since we don't know the facts we obviously can't determine who is right or wrong but if Ventura is in the right I don't think he's suing for money as much as he is to clear his name.

On the surface it sounds like a d-bag move on his part but I know if I was falsely accused by someone and their estate stood to make money off it I would go after whomever I needed to in order to clear my name.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'll reserve judgment until I know more of the facts. If he's embarrassed because it's the truth then he is a real jerk off. If he has proof that the incident didn't occur, then hero or not Kyle would be in the wrong.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'll reserve judgment until I know more of the facts. If he's embarrassed because it's the truth then he is a real jerk off. If he has proof that the incident didn't occur, then hero or not Kyle would be in the wrong.
    The story has been corroborated. His attorneys requested Kyle to hide JV's name, which he did.

Now the spineless bastard wants to sue because the book did well and everything. What a ****ing imbecile.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Colossal scumbag!

I just finished American Sniper and I must say I thought it was a good read. It came across as genuine and first hand. I had no idea Jesse Ventura was the guy CK was referring to in that particular scene so I don't see how a defamation lawsuit can stand.

By then again, get a scumbag lawyer involved and he will try to convince day is night......

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013

After reading the book and working with a few of the CK types, I HIGHLY doubt CK was misleading in any way, shape or form......

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If he has proof it is untrue, bring it out and show it. He can clear his name without suing the guy's widow. I mean it isn't about the money, right?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If he has proof it is untrue, bring it out and show it. He can clear his name without suing the guy's widow. I mean it isn't about the money, right?

Lets say JV was right and Kyle was wrong....which I don't believe....JV was suing Kyle, who then was murdered, JV whats the courts to change it so he can sue his wife since Kyle isn't alive anymore......pretty low. I highly doubt anybody bought Kyles book to find out about JV and his fight.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    From the article in the other thread:

"In a section of his book called “Punching Out Scruff Face,” Kyle describes a confrontation with a “celebrity” at a 2006 wake for a Navy SEAL. He claimed “Scruff Face” made disparaging remarks about the war, the United States and President George W. Bush, provoking Kyle to punch him in the face."

If the story of him punching Ventura isn't true, he was a liar.
    If the story of him punching Ventura is true, he punched a 55 year old man and doesn't think much of the right to free speech. What a badass.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    From the article in the other thread:

"In a section of his book called “Punching Out Scruff Face,” Kyle describes a confrontation with a “celebrity” at a 2006 wake for a Navy SEAL. He claimed “Scruff Face” made disparaging remarks about the war, the United States and President George W. Bush, provoking Kyle to punch him in the face."

If the story of him punching Ventura isn't true, he was a liar.
    If the story of him punching Ventura is true, he punched a 55 year old man and doesn't think much of the right to free speech. What a badass.

That's pretty much how I took it as well. He was either a liar or a jackwagon who beats up old men when he doesn't like what they say.

Either way doesn't look good for him.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That's pretty much how I took it as well. He was either a liar or a jackwagon who beats up old men when he doesn't like what they say.

Either way doesn't look good for him.

You don't show up at a wake and start shooting your mouth about how the guy basically had it coming for fighting in this war and not expect a reaction from his buddies. From the descriptions I heard, JV was loud, obnoxious and playing like a bad ass. I haveno idea personally, just what I read and heard. Iam about the same age and wouldn't expect a pass if I was being a dick.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You don't show up at a wake and start shooting your mouth about how the guy basically had it coming for fighting in this war and not expect a reaction from his buddies. From the descriptions I heard, JV was loud, obnoxious and playing like a bad ass. I haveno idea personally, just what I read and heard. Iam about the same age and wouldn't expect a pass if I was being a dick.

Although all of that is true, if it was me I wouldn't start punching out a guy significantly older than me if he was talking **** at my dad's (or anybody else's) wake.

It's called discipline. Just because someone ELSE is a jackoff doesn't mean *I* need to react to it and FURTHER disgrace the event.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The guy they were burying was a friend of Chris Kyle.....the fallen hero was a medal of honor recipient and his family was there and had to endure hearing JV being the idiot that he is. Chris told him this and asked him to tone it down because the family was there.....JV continued and it escelated and Chris dropped him.....then took off. If the family of that fallen hero ain't complaining about Chris dropping JV then who am I to judge....? I've seen Chris on a few talk shows and he comes off a honest an real and humble......I've seen JV and he is a total idiot and tool. When my Dad was 60 he got into it with a guy half his age that wouldn't back off and after Dad warned him 2 times and the guy escalated it Dad Knocked him out with one punch. Careful who you guys call old........:D

Top Bottom