• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    So basically, he's offering a cover argument for government inaction and trying to endear himself to illegal voters. Lib-lite speak.

This plus other things he's said in the recent past have lead me to the same conclusion. I wonder what it's like to be so power-hungry that one will sacrifice all principles and decency to obtain it. I guess I'll never know. I do know that he's never getting my vote, ever.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I can respect a person that holds strong to their principles, even if they differ from my own however, his willingness to sacrifice his really shows that they were never deeply held to begin with.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I think the guy would be very easy on illigal immigration!!! I am not a one-issue voter as many in this country are, but how someone would handle this extremely large and difficult problem is very important to me. If he is the best that the repukelican establishment can find to run for the presidency, we are once again in big trouble and just might as well give it to Hilary and same lots of money. Is there no one in this country who will not be bought off?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jeb Bush is a vote whore. The issue is never the issue with vote whores. Okayfine. The poor Mexican guy wants a better life for his family. The cartel thugs want to infiltrate American drug markets. Terrorists want easy access through our borders. Leaches want to take advantage of our welfare state. **** it. Let'm all in because whoring the vote is WAY more important than keeping out people who will cause trouble.

I'm all for letting good people in, and giving them citizenship, maybe even simplifying the process. But a vetting process is necessary to make sure we're giving citizenship to law abiding people. People who come here illegally don't make a good example of themselves.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I can respect a person that holds strong to their principles, even if they differ from my own however, his willingness to sacrifice his really shows that they were never deeply held to begin with.

Bingo. He's like the builder whose house is built upon sand.

Are they seriously considering running this guy?

I think the shifting-sands crowd will trot out whomever they think will best represent their interest of maintaining their power at whatever cost necessary. If so, another Bush would be perfect. Or Christie. Whoever will provide an amenable ear to their non-principled stances of anything-goes, whatever-it-takes power-domination over this nation.

Let's make sure they never succeed in so doing. Ballot. Jury. Soap. Cartridge. It takes all kinds of boxes to keep us free.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    C7F2C4F6-E762-445C-A67E-24FF7D2427AE_zpstol4xvyc.jpg

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I'd rather have a Republican in office than a Democratic right now, because politicians don't lie for votes? You and I both know that there are better people out there for the job, but they are not going to get the votes needed to win (right now).

[video=youtube;yGlx7-M5Zho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGlx7-M5Zho[/video]

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I just never could bring myself to get that worked up about illegal immigration. Jeb is right, these aren't inherently evil people any more than our immigrant ancestors were. All of the problems that we attribute to illegal immigrants should be properly attributed to....wait for it....the government.

They took our jobs? No they didn't. High taxes, labor regulations, labor unions and minimum wage laws have made it undeniably profitable to employ illegal immigrants and pay them cash under the table. Cut that crap out and they have to compete just like everyone else in the labor market. Problem solved.

They're violent criminals? Border drug cartels are flourishing because the government has created a hugely profitable black market in drugs. If people could produce and distribute drugs locally, drug cartels would disappear. Problem solved.

They mooch from the welfare system? Yes, maybe they do. Get rid of the welfare system that draws them in like fruit flies. Problem solved.

The U.S. should be a land of opportunity for people who want to work hard and create wealth. It should be a harsh wasteland for people who want to mooch.

Although Jeb is certainly nothing more than a statist who will make the problem worse.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm surprised most of INGO is against illegal immigration. As big as we are here on 'free market' and lack of regulation, it seems like all this new labor should be welcomed without a bunch of pesky red tape. Just open the borders, no legislation at all That'll drive wages down, which will bring jobs back to the US, and make more goods more cheaply. That's what the conservatives want whenever we talk about unions, environmental regulations, OSHA, etc.

See, while I was typing Steveh beat me to it. A living wage in a clean and safe work environment is for suckers.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    BehindBlueI's said:
    See, while I was typing Steveh beat me to it. A living wage in a clean and safe work environment is for [STRIKE]suckers[/STRIKE] people who earn it.

You are not entitled to a 'living wage'. You are not entitled to a 'clean and safe work environment'.

If you want those things then you have to work for them.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I'm surprised most of INGO is against illegal immigration. As big as we are here on 'free market' and lack of regulation, it seems like all this new labor should be welcomed without a bunch of pesky red tape. Just open the borders, no legislation at all That'll drive wages down, which will bring jobs back to the US, and make more goods more cheaply. That's what the conservatives want whenever we talk about unions, environmental regulations, OSHA, etc.

See, while I was typing Steveh beat me to it. A living wage in a clean and safe work environment is for suckers.

The lack of regulation is only good if it supports their ideals. Talk about abortion, illegal immigration, gay marriage, etc then it turns into a big-government circle jerk here.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It is an act of love for many. A love of free school, free food, free rent and free health care. I don't blame them any more than I blame the raccoons who eat the dog food left on the back patio. If they bothered me I'd stop leaving the food out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny thing when talking about illegals, is that I bet most Americans, if they found themselves on the other side of border (and not being American), with the opportunity to come here, they would. Actually that's a pretty good poll question topic.

Kirkhan7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    SS
    No one us entitled to anything. Hard work gets you what you strive for. Anyone who comes here legally I welcome with open arms. What kills me the most is the fact we have turned into a nanny state. Personal responsibility , hard work, and our founding principles have slipped away he past 6-7 years and some could argue longer. I'm in my early 20s and a few years ago I woke up and realized that the establishment republicans were no different than democrats. They are willing to sell out for money and power. I read an extensive article the other day that states that a lot of Jeb bushes money backing will come from past Romney supporters. I'm praying every night that Ted, rand, or someone in the very conservative caucus paints a clear picture of where this country needs to go and puts the old GOP out in the cold.

Top Bottom