• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    "If it was your child" is not a good argument. This is why we have a judicial system and not mob rule.

Sure, if someone so much as copped a feel on my wife, I'd want them dead. Is that more than they deserve??? Would they deserve a bullet, or would they deserve to be prosecuted according to the law?

Would you feel the same if one of the CHILDRED involved was one of yours or a family member ??
    Jared missed the full prison experience so far, but I'm sure it cuming,

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Make up your mind to what type of America you want to live in; one that punishes people on what we think they've done, or one that punishes on what we can prove. It's very likely you are correct about ALL of what you said, but it has to be proven.
    Something's wrong. I've agreed with Kut twice in one day.
    we disagree quite a bit, but that doesn't mean we can't have some common ground.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Appeal to emotion fallacy

BarryGoldwater_YouKnowHesRight.jpg

Would I want to kill the guy if it were my kid? Absolutely, but succumbing to violent emotions is not a sound way to make decisions. I may want to, but I do not believe I would, nor could I, in good conscience, endorse a surrogate doing it for me. Values are not about what I'm feeling at the moment. I believe in the rule of law and due process. That I would be angry enough to kill, does not justify discarding those values.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    "If it was your child" is not a good argument. This is why we have a judicial system and not mob rule.

Sure, if someone so much as copped a feel on my wife, I'd want them dead. Is that more than they deserve??? Would they deserve a bullet, or would they deserve to be prosecuted according to the law?

I don't have a wife , but if someone had copped a feel with either of my two
    ex's when I was married , there would have been a instant response of someone getting the poo kicked out of them.. Either me or them, it makes no difference.
    And I would say that any man that stould by and did nothing while his wife is being touched, is not much of a man.. Or he's Amish... :dunno:

I've seen lots of ugly vile things in my working years, molesters of children are really low on my ladder, going to prison should suck, alot...
    You can call it what you want.. Jared just got his first introduction to the prison system.. Stay tuned there's more to come...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Make up your mind to what type of America you want to live in; one that punishes people on what we think they've done, or one that punishes on what we can prove. It's very likely you are correct about ALL of what you said, but it has to be proven.

I vote for about three months of punishing people on what we think they've done to baseline, then reverting back to punishing on what we can prove.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    1st.....Human nature. Guards have kids to. Blind eye and all of that. Also Jarod might just be a self righteous dick. Maybe not. Again, Human nature.

2nd...Staffing. Do we really have enough staff on hand to get this under control..??

Aahhh.... One of many issues in the criminal justice system.

One morning when I worked at the AC jail we got a call to head to one of the blocks. I worked first shift so 0600 - 1400. It was about 0620 when the call came in. The CO (confinement officer) on duty was doing his rounds when he found a cell coated in blood. We had three (3) inmates per cell at that time. It would appear that two (2) of the inmates thought the third guy was cute (or at least "doable") so they wanted to bend him over. He had a choice in such a confined space: fight back and expose himself OR just ball up and keep his pants pulled up. He focused on keeping his pants pulled up. He took a helluva beating but wasn't penetrated.

The problem was that third shift only had about five (5) CO's on duty. They would make the rounds about once an hour but didn't have the manpower to look into every cell, so if no one hollered out for help, well...

Bloodiest cell I'd ever seen.

It is easy to look down upon those incarcerated because when we dehumanize them we have less difficulty fighting the better angels of our conscience. Yet, working with them day after day you find few that are truly evil. Most have severe issues that would take years of work to get resolved.

I am NOT trying to be a bleeding heart liberal here, only trying to illuminate a facet that few want to face as it would cause our decision making process more difficult.

I knew some CO's that were total asshats, some were idiots, some very good (I wasn't one of them), and most just average folks.

Caveat: I know there is a vast difference between jail and prison, so my experience may not apply well to a prison setting.

Regards,

Doug

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Dude, you know that constitutionally protected, natural rights go out the window when there is moral outrage to be had.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

This is analogous to what made Jerry Springer so popular. It was theorized that people watched the Jerry Springer show because no matter how screwed up their life was, it wasn't as bad as being on Jerry's show!

Doug

Is this the part where I reveal that my inlaws have been on Jerry Springer - and on Jenny Jones before that?

Top Bottom