• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I prefer an America where the punishment is meted out according to due process of law and not randomly while people who are paid to prevent this look the other way.

I want my money to go to pay people to provide basic necessities, and keep the inmates in. Beyond that, the criminal assumes the risk of his choices to enter the system.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    There is a reason child molesters receive special treatment from the other inmates in jail/prison, and I think it is glorious. Their actions have life long consequences for the victims, and getting their asses kicked a few times while serving time does not begin to compare to the pain they caused. Maybe you would think differently if it was your child. Then again, I doubt you would.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There is a reason child molesters receive special treatment from the other inmates in jail/prison, and I think it is glorious. Their actions have life long consequences for the victims, and getting their asses kicked a few times while serving time does not begin to compare to the pain they caused. Maybe you would think differently if it was your child. Then again, I doubt you would.

No it's because every scum bag wants to imagine that they're not that bad compared to another scum bag.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Once again evidence that murderers, and, in this case, armed robbers, have kids, too.

As for the earlier comments about "he's not a child molester," read the charging documents from the case. His not being a child molester is not from a lack of trying.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Could someone point me in the direction of the nearest sokolove law office so I can get some free money for the stress, grief, worry and lost slumber I'm missing worrying about the predators being preyed upon? Maybe, just maybe I can get me some of those free leg braces they are handing out too!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No it's because every scum bag wants to imagine that they're not that bad compared to another scum bag.

This is analogous to what made Jerry Springer so popular. It was theorized that people watched the Jerry Springer show because no matter how screwed up their life was, it wasn't as bad as being on Jerry's show!

Doug

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

This is analogous to what made Jerry Springer so popular. It was theorized that people watched the Jerry Springer show because no matter how screwed up their life was, it wasn't as bad as being on Jerry's show!

Doug

Exactly why I used to watch! Now the Mrs. won't even let me DVR it, says it makes me even stupider, or something like that. I can't remember....

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I prefer an America where the punishment is meted out according to due process of law and not randomly while people who are paid to prevent this look the other way.

I agree.
    In a perfect society it should work that way, but criminals being criminals I don't think that we can expect civil behavior in prisons anytime soon.
    So in the meantime I say a beat down a day keeps the perverts at bay.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Make up your mind to what type of America you want to live in; one that punishes people on what we think they've done, or one that punishes on what we can prove. It's very likely you are correct about ALL of what you said, but it has to be proven.

This didn't go to trial though, right? It's entirely possible he accepted the longer sentence because he knew they had him nailed on the worse stuff. Better to plea and take a harsh sentence than have it all come out and still get a log sentence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This didn't go to trial though, right? It's entirely possible he accepted the longer sentence because he knew they had him nailed on the worse stuff. Better to plea and take a harsh sentence than have it all come out and still get a log sentence.

Maybe, but doubtful. That information would typically appear in the charging document. They might have been able to dig further, and find something else, but either there wasn't anything else the prosecutor could make stick, or he had enough to satisfy his belief that he'd get a good conviction.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I agree.
    In a perfect society it should work that way, but criminals being criminals I don't think that we can expect civil behavior in prisons anytime soon...

I agree. What we can expect is that those charged with keeping order will carry out their jobs in a reasonably competent matter without regard to their personal feeling about anyone they are charged with guarding. Did they here? I don't know. The guards are neither omniscient nor omnipresent. Just because we don't have a perfect world doesn't mean we don't strive towards that goal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. What we can expect is that those charged with keeping order will carry out their jobs in a reasonably competent matter without regard to their personal feeling about anyone they are charged with guarding. Did they here? I don't know. The guards are neither omniscient nor omnipresent. Just because we don't have a perfect world doesn't mean we don't strive towards that goal.

1st.....Human nature. Guards have kids to. Blind eye and all of that. Also Jarod might just be a self righteous dick. Maybe not. Again, Human nature.

2nd...Staffing. Do we really have enough staff on hand to get this under control..??

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    This is what's wrong with our justice system. Prison should be the punishment when that is the sentence. Not rogue "justice" carried out in the form of violence by inmates.

People saying "good" or anything along those lines.....well, I have nothing good to say about that.

Would you feel the same if one of the CHILDRED involved was one of yours or a family member ??
    Jared missed the full prison experience so far, but I'm sure it cuming,

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Maybe, but doubtful. That information would typically appear in the charging document. They might have been able to dig further, and find something else, but either there wasn't anything else the prosecutor could make stick, or he had enough to satisfy his belief that he'd get a good conviction.

For the Prosecuting Attorney's Office, it's all about wins and losses. He got his win. Slam dunk without the uncertainty of trial. They had more, but got the sure win...and long sentence. The PA walks away feeling good about both the win and the long sentence. I'm not a supporter of vigilante justice, but when Karma bites someone in the arse - especially this guy that's most likely exactly what everyone thinks - I'm not too distraught. Bigger things to worry about than that guy.

Top Bottom