Jan '12 1500: Indy 1500 good riddance or can't wait til next show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    but where do you draw the line. for instance bobcat steel and i did not have a gun, knife, or ammo forsale on the table between us. i had optics he had steel targets.

like you i could do away with the toy dealers. i can still remember seeing my first beany baby on the table of the 1500. to me once you start regulating the lines get fuzzy

For sure Al, I guess I mean to say-Guns,Knives,and all RELATED items. Jewlery,Beanie Babys,Flying little Fuzzy things need not apply..Bill.

I Love Bourbon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Speedway ish
    Here's a little different idea?-The Indy 1200 Gun Show..Shorten the table count by 300 and most of these problems solved??
    We ALL know the results of this=World Class Gun Shows jacks up the table price from $90.00 for the three days to $120.00 for the three days.
    If the "Flea Market" Vendors were turned away, WCGS could have a better Gun Show.
    I would venture to say at least 300 tables were either unused or flea market items??

What say You????Bill.

Well that's an idea, cutting 300 tables would cut $27,000.00 from the promoters pocket so if he passes that on to the exibiters that means many of us would have to raise prices to make up the additional expense or maybe some of the exibitors would simply have to bow out. Since nobody wants to pay higher prices for their stuff how about he leaves the table prices as they are and raise the entry fee to cover the loss. I mean that would spread out the cost over a much larger segment of the population so the inpact would be less. Right??? :laugh:

I Love Bourbon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Speedway ish
    On a more serious note, I never got to leave my tables except to hit the head. Are there really that many tables there with non gun related items? The last few times I got to look around I just didn't see that many non gun items?

Last edited:

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Aisles at 1500

Why do you assume wider aisles would be less crowded? I think you'd just have more people cramming into the wider aisles. :twocents:

Wider aisles allow lookers to stop and traffic continues to move in the center. Maybe lookers would pile up 3 or 4 deep, but they wont' be able to see anything.

Yes, more people could crowd in to fill any size aisle. Promoter pushing the bounds of safety could easily result in Fire Marshall coming down hard and limit number let in the door.

On the other hand, attendance has varied over the years. Clinton years it was crowded also. Bush years there were a couple times could not believe the small crowd. Obama is definitely the best salesman for the firearm industry.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Wider aisles allow lookers to stop and traffic continues to move in the center. Maybe lookers would pile up 3 or 4 deep, but they wont' be able to see anything.

Yes, more people could crowd in to fill any size aisle. Promoter pushing the bounds of safety could easily result in Fire Marshall coming down hard and limit number let in the door.

On the other hand, attendance has varied over the years. Clinton years it was crowded also. Bush years there were a couple times could not believe the small crowd. Obama is definitely the best salesman for the firearm industry.

I understand and I agree with wider aisles etc. However what everyone fails to think of is the promoter has to make the money up for extra space/bigger hall or less tables somewhere. Where will he raise prices? Door admission? Vendor table rent?
    If this ever happened all anyone would complain about is the cost going up, which happens enough as it is.
    There is no ideal solution or if there is someone just hasn't came up with it yet.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I understand and I agree with wider aisles etc. However what everyone fails to think of is the promoter has to make the money up for extra space/bigger hall or less tables somewhere. Where will he raise prices? Door admission? Vendor table rent?
    If this ever happened all anyone would complain about is the cost going up, which happens enough as it is.
    There is no ideal solution or if there is someone just hasn't came up with it yet.

+1 on that MrsG......Bill.

NiceGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I saw some nice toys, but no super deals - even on Sunday. Some dealers were just plain jerks with a "take it or leave it" attitude. In return, I left it.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010

Feb 25-26 big show in Louisville. Anyone been in the past? They claim 2000 tables. Would be interesting to see how they are set up.

Back to the Indy 1500. Why is there a very wide aisle down the center of the main room? Make the aisle width uniform in that room. No change in number of tables, a little more room in each aisle.

Yes, there would be complaining if admission went up. I am complaining right now about the cost to get in only to be packed in like sardines. Vendors lost the opportunity to sell me anything. Have gone to every show with money burning a hole in my pocket. Stayed in my pocket this time.

45CALifornia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Mishawaka
    this last show was first indy 1500 i'd ever attended, and i want to go back. granted, i was working a booth, so i didn't have to brave the lines aside form trying to get my nachos, but i still can't wait to go back again.

Top Bottom