• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Yeager has a lot of knowledge and experience regarding firearms and tactics. He has seen and done a lot. The problem is he get's too emotional when he is criticized. He really blew it when he made his famous "F that" statements about gun control, and how he was, "more than happy to fire the first shot", etc. He later apologized, but the point is why talk like that to begin with? Take some time to cool down. He appears to be his own worst enemy in this regard. I won't criticize what he did, or didn't do under fire, because I have never been in that type of situation. That is not something that should be arm chair quarterbacked by people who have not been in that type of situation. It happens on way too many forums.

I agree, but I have seen many posts from people who have been in situations such as that, and the posts were not good.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Everybody who's ever been on Route Irish, give me a thumbs up............:yesway:
    Everybody who's ever taken incoming direct fire, give me a thumbs up....:yesway:

Everybody else's opinions are on his personality and not based on real world experience. Internet commandos who may, or may not, be highly schooled don't really know what they would do on a 2 way rifle range. I've seen highly "trained" .mil freeze when the poop hits the oscillator but most, not all, get back in the fight. If you THINK you'd react perfectly, I hope you're right when the time comes.

Bob

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Everybody who's ever been on Route Irish, give me a thumbs up............:yesway:
    Everybody who's ever taken incoming direct fire, give me a thumbs up....:yesway:

Everybody else's opinions are on his personality and not based on real world experience. Internet commandos who may, or may not, be highly schooled don't really know what they would do on a 2 way rifle range. I've seen highly "trained" .mil freeze when the poop hits the oscillator but most, not all, get back in the fight. If you THINK you'd react perfectly, I hope you're right when the time comes.

Bob

Thumbs up!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Everybody who's ever taken incoming direct fire while on Route Irish, disabling and deserting one's own vehicle and fellow soldiers while watching your brothers fall from a nice safe zone, give me a thumbs up............:rolleyes:

Oh.....I only see one thumb on this one.
    Hard time believing that any one individual could ever replicate so much SOP fail in one single incident.

It comes down to a trust issue.
    Who would you trust to train you in the real world? Someone with extensive experience with FUBAR?..........................................

Or Anybody else. :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Everybody who's ever taken incoming direct fire while on Route Irish, disabling and deserting one's own vehicle and fellow soldiers while watching your brothers fall from a nice safe zone, give me a thumbs up............:rolleyes:

Oh.....I only see one thumb on this one.
    Hard time believing that any one individual could ever replicate so much SOP fail in one single incident.

It comes down to a trust issue.
    Who would you trust to train you in the real world? Someone with extensive experience with FUBAR?..........................................

Or Anybody else. :dunno:

What was the SOP in that situation? Also, have you ever acted contrary to SOP? I hope your care was fixed, but I guess you have gotten what you wanted out of this. I want to hear about your exploits. What did you do when you were under fire in combat?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What was the SOP in that situation? Also, have you ever acted contrary to SOP? I hope your care was fixed, but I guess you have gotten what you wanted out of this. I want to hear about your exploits. What did you do when you were under fire in combat?

1 - Total Opposite from what occurred.

2 - Sure, Can change with each given situation....to a point.

3 - Suppressive Fire.......again.....Suppressive Fire

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    1 - Total Opposite from what occurred.

2 - Sure, Can change with each given situation....to a point.

3 - Suppressive Fire.......again.....Suppressive Fire

What's the total opposite of what occurred? Anyone ever die in your unit? I mean, one of your soldiers or leaders?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Suppressive fire in an ambush? Really?

Priority one would be getting to cover I would think. Sitting with your buddy next to an unarmored vehicle taking RPK fire is just asking for another casualty.

I haven't been on a two way range, but I really don't see how it makes him a coward at all. He acted in a way to best provide cover fire in his designated area.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What's the total opposite of what occurred? Anyone ever die in your unit? I mean, one of your soldiers or leaders?

I have driven in stop-n-go LA traffic for years and I don't recall ever taking any of my vehicles out of gear for any reason.
    Maybe JY could have been "Ready to Move" at any time.

I don't recall this thread had anything to do with me other than my strong desire to inform INGOers before they throw their hard earned training money around.

Critical Thinking......That's all I'm doing here.

You are all Very Welcome...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have driven in stop-n-go LA traffic for years and I don't recall ever taking any of my vehicles out of gear for any reason.
    Maybe JY could have been "Ready to Move" at any time.

I don't recall this thread had anything to do with me other than my strong desire to inform INGOers before they throw their hard earned training money around.

Critical Thinking......That's all I'm doing here.

You are all Very Welcome...

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think more would even receive your criticism if it wasn't offered in such a troll-like way. Yeah, there are certainly many reasons to take or not take Yeager's class, or any others out there. However, you can't provide any advice based off of experience in his class and it sounds like you have none to offer concerning real combat. So, I choose not to accept your opinion. Thanks anyway.

Top Bottom