• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh - thank you Mr. Yeager for showing me the error of my ways. I almost bought yet another bullpup for my collection. Now that you have opened my eyes, I will need to sell them all immediately.

I will now be downloading all your videos so that you can tell me which weapons that I need to buy from now on. :rolleyes:

It's not the bullpups fault that Yeagers not coordinated enough to handle one.
    Problems that happen once the weapon is "setup", is usually operator error.

Esrice - WHY? :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Esrice - WHY? :dunno:

Because it got you talking. ;)

It's not the bullpups fault that Yeagers not coordinated enough to handle one.

You seem to have more bullpup experience than I do, so I'll defer to you on the matter. But how does one handle the "brass in the face" issue when shooting from the support shoulder? That looked problematic.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...It's not the bullpups fault that Yeagers not coordinated enough to handle one.

...You seem to have more bullpup experience than I do, so I'll defer to you on the matter. But how does one handle the "brass in the face" issue when shooting from the support shoulder? That looked problematic.

Is it time for Dead Duck to make us a bullpup operator video? ;)

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Mr Yeager has some valid points for the most part. As a trainer myself though where a lot of trainers loose their audience is when they teach "my way is the only way" or "this weapon design is the best" etc etc. I had almost 20 years experience with M16/M4 type rifles when I joind a team that used MP 5's as a primary weapon. At first it felt weird but after familiarizing myself with it I love it. I don't have much experience with Bullpups and there would be a learning curve but it is really all what your use to. All weapons have their "quirks" MP 5's bolt doesn't lock to the rear or mags drop free, Colt SMG mags are hard to seat unless you cant weapon slightly. Obviously some European countries that have adopted the Bulpup design have trained with it and are as proficient with it as the US is with the M16/M4 family. They have their reasons for adopting it.

You can have your likes and dislikes on firearms but it's funny how sometimes the people with the most criticism
    A. Don't have to carry said firearm/have their own chioce or
    B. Aren't in a position to dictate what the masses will be issued!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

You seem to have more bullpup experience than I do, so I'll defer to you on the matter. But how does one handle the "brass in the face" issue when shooting from the support shoulder? That looked problematic.

What brass in the face? :dunno:

military-helmet2.jpg

:D

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

This is what I use. :):

optimus-prime-helmet_zpsb3a8a78b.jpg

There is always a way.
    With most semi-auto bullpups you can move your face back far enough to avoid the brass. You can also take your non-trigger hand (obviously) to shield the brass but will make for a less accurate aim unless against a wall, tree etc..

The RFB, FN F2000 and FN P90 have solved this problem.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    So he just doesn't like bullpups for the only reason that he doesn't have any experience training with them?

He told why he doesnt like them. They arent erognomic, you cant fire them from either shoulder etc......

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He told why he doesnt like them. They arent erognomic, you cant fire them from either shoulder etc......

You cant fire SOME bullpups design with either shoulder.
    And if you are trained to use a bullpup and it's it will feel weird to use a non-bullpup design.

All the countries that use bullpup guns in their military have no problem with them.
    Most people that dont like the bullpup designed are people who trained hundreds of hours with their M4 or AK and tried a bullpup for a few minutes at the range.
    With training it's not weird at all to change mags on a bullput rifle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You cant fire SOME bullpups design with either shoulder.
    And if you are trained to use a bullpup and it's it will feel weird to use a non-bullpup design.

All the countries that use bullpup guns in their military have no problem with them.
    Most people that dont like the bullpup designed are people who trained hundreds of hours with their M4 or AK and tried a bullpup for a few minutes at the range.
    With training it's not weird at all to change mags on a bullput rifle.

I am one of those who have no real time on a bull-pup. It is weird to pick one up and use it. Balance is different from my AR platforms. Time/training with anything.

Strange looking gun as well. That has no effect on it's performance but tends to put some folks off.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is what I use. :):

optimus-prime-helmet_zpsb3a8a78b.jpg

There is always a way.
    With most semi-auto bullpups you can move your face back far enough to avoid the brass. You can also take your non-trigger hand (obviously) to shield the brass but will make for a less accurate aim unless against a wall, tree etc..

The RFB, FN F2000 and FN P90 have solved this problem.

If you are using your hand to deflect hot brass that is a crappy designed gun. I am pretty much neutral on the yeager videos, but at least he has some sort of real world training experience to form his opinions and not just go to Roush lake and bench rest your AR-15. Not saying that everyone who dislikes him does that, but I would bet a portion do.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Can't speak from a huge amount of experience with non-AR platforms, so I won't. But I've had more brass hit me in the forehead shooting G19's than I have with any pistol I've ever fired. Maybe that's why the "gangsta" hold was developed? :):

Top Bottom