• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It was kind of funny to hear him call BS on people talking about grip angle and now hear Pat Rodgers talking about grip angle in the S&W M&P video Panteao made.

"grip angle" is all bullpoop anyway.

I shoot the glock, m&p and 1911 all the exact same.

I get the ergo of the m&p, they designed it to the hand instead. I'll own one someday.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You can't build your own custom Glock!!

lego_guns_25.jpg

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    "grip angle" is all bullpoop anyway.

I shoot the glock, m&p and 1911 all the exact same.

I get the ergo of the m&p, they designed it to the hand instead. I'll own one someday.

I disagree. I've never owned a 1911 but I have owned both Glock and XD's and have fired a couple of M&P's and the feeling of the Glock grip angle was definitely different to me. Structurally not all human beings are the same so it would make sense that some things feel more comfortable than others whether it be shoes, stance, or otherwise.

Also, while you may shoot them all the same, do they all feel the same?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I disagree. I've never owned a 1911 but I have owned both Glock and XD's and have fired a couple of M&P's and the feeling of the Glock grip angle was definitely different to me. Structurally not all human beings are the same so it would make sense that some things feel more comfortable than others whether it be shoes, stance, or otherwise.

This. This is why I don't own a GLock. They feel so odd to me, too boxy/square. The 1911 doesn't and feels more natural. That's why when new people ask me what they should by, my response is always "Whatever fits you the best."

But then again I'm not a gun snob and don't have any brand loyalties. I mean hell, I own one of the worst rifles ever.... CAI Golani Sporter and I enjoy it immensely.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    This. This is why I don't own a GLock. They feel so odd to me, too boxy/square. The 1911 doesn't and feels more natural. That's why when new people ask me what they should by, my response is always "Whatever fits you the best."

But then again I'm not a gun snob and don't have any brand loyalties. I mean hell, I own one of the worst rifles ever.... CAI Golani Sporter and I enjoy it immensely.

This is what changed me. In 2002 I owned 3 Glocks and I'd heard about the SA XD but hadn't gotten to even see one in person so I hit up the gun shop and checked it out. It just so happened that I knew one of the guys working at Don's Guns so we went and shot it at their range. I traded in a Glock for it right then and turned around and sold my other two Glocks based on 50 rounds at the range alone.

The feeling of the XD was so much better for me than the Glock and I always recommend people test the XD as well as the Glock when looking but I agree without your sentiments exactly. What feels the best and hits what you're aiming at every time is where your money should go. It just so happens that I've now owned two XD's and they feel great. I will eventually own a 1911 though. :)

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I own both a Glock 19 and several 1911s in both 45 and 38 Super....
    My 1911s function fine.... and I have over a thousand rounds through all of them....
    However....
    When SHTF.... I will take my Glock.... for its reliability, availability of ammo and mags, capacity, and it matches my carbine....

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

well of course not, but I like to think if a buddy had to throw me a backup piece I would push it out and the front sight would be picking up my target without me having to think about it.

jdwhitak

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I recently purchased a Dan Wesson VBob. So far, I've only put fifty rounds through it, but it performed flawlessly. I did see a YouTube video saying that the 1911 was originally designed for a 230 gr. bullet and that some of the modern, lighter loads may be a contributing factor. Because of this I chose a JHP of 230 gr. So far, no problems.

Also, if the 1911 was so bad it would not have lasted 100 years.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    I recently purchased a Dan Wesson VBob. So far, I've only put fifty rounds through it, but it performed flawlessly. I did see a YouTube video saying that the 1911 was originally designed for a 230 gr. bullet and that some of the modern, lighter loads may be a contributing factor. Because of this I chose a JHP of 230 gr. So far, no problems.

Lol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I run 185 gr. rds. through most of my 1911's and my H&K. Never an issue with that weight round. There is nothing wrong with the 230 gr. round and I use them as well.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem

It was designed for 230gr fmj ammo. I dont think he planned for guys shooting jhp.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    It was designed for 230gr fmj ammo. I dont think he planned for guys shooting jhp.

He also didn't plan for jet travel, microwave ovens, widespread automobiles, synthetic clothing/holsters/nylon gear, IR vision, laser/red dot sights, tritium sights... :D

No point in this... just thinking about JMBs perspective of how different life looks now compared to working in his turn-of-the-century Mormon enclave. It was darned interesting wandering around in his father's gunsmith shop in Nauvoo, IL.

Top Bottom