• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The forecast is not looking good.

• Tonight: Overcast. Low 17F. Winds light and variable.
    • Tomorrow: Periods of snow. High 22F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches.
    • Tomorrow night: Variably cloudy with snow showers. Low 17F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Some snow accumulation possible.
    • Friday: Snow showers. Highs in the low 20s and lows in the low teens.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    • Tonight: Overcast. Low 17F. Winds light and variable.
    • Tomorrow: Periods of snow. High 22F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches.
    • Tomorrow night: Variably cloudy with snow showers. Low 17F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Some snow accumulation possible.
    • Friday: Snow showers. Highs in the low 20s and lows in the low teens.

Hell, its been doing that up here since Jan 1st!!! We have about a foot on the ground and they are calling for more over the next few days!

Daturbokat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clayton IN
    We were at MCF&G last weekend and the slight slope where you enter the club off 136 became a complete sheet of ice. I got out just fine because of my 4-wheel drive, but all the 2-wheel drive vehicles really had trouble. When everyone goes to leave Friday night it is going to be a real mess if the road exiting the club is iced over.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I'm totally in! I didn't go in December b/c i wussed out and ive been regretting it ever since, esp when i saw the results!! I'm bringing my dad and his 4WD truck though, don't think the civic would make it up that hill.

BrandonM: If you've been given the chance to come and shoot a different gun, totally do it! None of us care if you're a n00b! You gotta start somewhere!

To the peeps that have done this in the cold before, is hobbes oil good enough? It may be tricky to find something else with the roads like this before tomorrow night.

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Ill be there. Going to pick up extra mags tomorrow :rockwoot:

I'm totally in! I didn't go in December b/c i wussed out and ive been regretting it ever since, esp when i saw the results!! I'm bringing my dad and his 4WD truck though, don't think the civic would make it up that hill.

BrandonM: If you've been given the chance to come and shoot a different gun, totally do it! None of us care if you're a n00b! You gotta start somewhere!

To the peeps that have done this in the cold before, is hobbes oil good enough? It may be tricky to find something else with the roads like this before tomorrow night.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Im sittin this one out
    ive been at iupui all afternoon with my daughter
    Im gonna get warm and watch boondock saints
    Have a great match and I'll see you next month

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Good times! I think I may be hooked! :rockwoot: Thanks to the guys in my squad for helping out a new guy. I definitely have ALOT of practice to do but I had a really good time.:ingo:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    GREAT time. The temps were tolerable; it was actually colder at last month's match! Small number of shooters, so things went very smoothly and quickly. That left more time for carrying on at B-Dubs afterward! :buddies:

Thanks to everyone who braved the cold to come out and shoot! See you next month...

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I really wish this match were closer...

There is nothing like external stimuli to really get ya' to bear down and concentrate.

It would be a challenge.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    That was my 3rd FNS, and i'm downright kicking myself for wimping out of December's FNS. I had a blast, and holy wow did that match move along quickly. And no, the cold wasn't that cold... but i should have worn socks under the wool socks... or did anyone else notice that stage 4 was colder than the rest? hehe See you guys in February!

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Good times! I think I may be hooked! :rockwoot: Thanks to the guys in my squad for helping out a new guy. I definitely have ALOT of practice to do but I had a really good time.:ingo:

I agree. Even though it was my first time I still had a blast. Im definitely an addict now. I wouldve had a better Stage 4 if my dad didn't grab my mag instead of his! Oh well, I had a great time and thought it was really fun. Special thanks to the two RO's in my group (vupdblue and I dont know the other one--sorry, chime in) for giving me shooting tips. They definitely helped me on the last stage! :rockwoot: See you in a month :draw:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think BigCraig may have inspired us with a new start position for one of the stages next time we have this much snow....

"Stage Description; upon start signal make a snow angel, stand, then engage targets T1-T4...."

Just kidding. Thanks to everyone for coming out despite the snow. We had a safe, fun time! I also really appreciate everyone pitching in to help the new guys (especially Nick). I think it sets a great example for our sport to have so many people who are willing to help, and it helps introduce new shooters to our club. Thanks!

Top Bottom