• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjfarmer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    I went there yesterday to have a look. There was only one lady (very nice) there by her self in the club house so she just unlocked the gate and let me drive around on my own. The gun range was alright, not the greatest but OK. She told me they are going to add a 2nd 50 yd pistol range soon. I'll probably join as I'm only about 15 min from the place and it sure beats driving all the way to my mom's to shoot, just north of Tell City.

I see your from Princeton. There is a real nice free gun range just east of you. It's just north of the small town of Arthur. They have 4 ranges, a 25yd, 50yd, 100yd & a 200,yd.

Yeah I like to camp too so thats one of the reasons it appealed to me. I need to go to Sugar Ridge sometime.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Danial Boone has only one big range. There are 50 pistol positions (I think) and a 100yd and 200 yd rifle backstop. The big problem is if you want to shoot at the 200 yd range everybody has to stop shooting and wait while you walk down to service your target.

tdosha

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I recently joined IWL at their open house. There were a couple of very nice guys on the rifle range who said they normally shoot at Red Brush but it was very busy on the weekends there. I too am interested in a longer range as well. I wonder if enough interest was shown, they would consider the addition of a 300 & 500 yd area. It seems to me that they lack volunteers putting in the time to clean up the ranges.

Anyone wanting to fire off a few at IWL and wants some company let me know.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I recently joined IWL at their open house. There were a couple of very nice guys on the rifle range who said they normally shoot at Red Brush but it was very busy on the weekends there. I too am interested in a longer range as well. I wonder if enough interest was shown, they would consider the addition of a 300 & 500 yd area. It seems to me that they lack volunteers putting in the time to clean up the ranges.

Anyone wanting to fire off a few at IWL and wants some company let me know.

Although I would love to see a 300 yard/meter range I don't think IWL has the room to do so at there current range. The range would have to be located at a different part of the land.

I wouldn't mind to volunteer some of my time as long as they supplied some tool's & material to make the range better.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    IWL had a longer range years ago but there was a stray bullet that hit a woman's house so, they moved the range and made it shorter. I don't know if this still holds true but it used to be no FMJ ammo allowed there. That has been several years ago so things might have changed since then.

I don't think we will see a 300 or 500 yard range there anytime soon but it would be nice.

TheCheatOSX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    This has been a great thread. It answered a lot of questions on options around Evansville I've been considering. I'm leaning toward IW since I do like to camp and fish too. I've got a small kayak I fish from. I wonder if they allow non-motorized boats...

Can you move the targets in on the pistol range? Say up to 3 yards? I'd like to practice shoot for defensive situations.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    FWIW Red Brush is now a closed shop. They have reached their ceiling of 900 members and are not taking in any new members. Only way to get in is to find a sponsor, get on the waiting list, and wait for someone to quit, move, or die.

TheCheatOSX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    marv, I seen that on their website. I'm working on a spreadsheet of all the area ranges and I'll include that. Once I get it mostly finished I'll post it up. It's an open Google doc so it can be edited and amended as needed.

So far I've got info for:
    Sugar Ridge FWA
    Red Brush Rifle Range
    West Side Sportsman's Club
    St. Philips Conservation Club
    Strickly Shooting
    Evansville Gun Club
    Daniel Boone
    Issac Walton League

Any others I missed?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    This has been a great thread. It answered a lot of questions on options around Evansville I've been considering. I'm leaning toward IW since I do like to camp and fish too. I've got a small kayak I fish from. I wonder if they allow non-motorized boats...

Can you move the targets in on the pistol range? Say up to 3 yards? I'd like to practice shoot for defensive situations.

Yes to the non motorized boats. You can't move the targets up but a lot of people bring their own small yard signs and that seems to work real well

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    marv, I seen that on their website. I'm working on a spreadsheet of all the area ranges and I'll include that. Once I get it mostly finished I'll post it up. It's an open Google doc so it can be edited and amended as needed.

So far I've got info for:
    Sugar Ridge FWA
    Red Brush Rifle Range
    West Side Sportsman's Club
    St. Philips Conservation Club
    Strickly Shooting
    Evansville Gun Club
    Daniel Boone
    Issac Walton League

Any others I missed?
    If you don't mind crossing state lines, Owensboro Rifle and Pistol Club www.orpci.org has a pretty nice club/range at Lewisport, KY. They hold regularly scheduled matches in high power rifle, B.R. .22, bullseye pistol, U.S.P.S.A. and 3 gun. If you're NRA you can pay them $40/yr and they give you the combo to the gate. They're 'bout 15 mi. from my house so that's where I go.

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I have belonged to Redbrush for nearly 20 years and they have recently done some nice upgrades and continue to improve things. Redbrush is a very active range, hosting youth events, appleseed shoots, EPD, ISP WCSD all train there as well as private instruction classes and specialty shooting clubs. There are some changes coming that will allow shooting during the specialty shooting clubs matches to give non-participating members more open lanes for shooting.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Anyone know anything about the range just off of I-164 on the West side? I believe it is just North of Boonville-New Harmony Rd.

The Sheriffs have a small range on the west side of I-164 but it's south of Boonville-New Harmony rd. On the east side of I-164 in the Blue Grass Fish & Wildlife area there are a few places to shoot. But it's a very un-safe place. My son took me back there a few months ago. I told him to never shoot there again. It's just a dead end road with no back stop, and there are way too many people back there fishing... Just not a safe place to shoot.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Sorry to reopen an old thread, but I'm wondering if this info is still current. Just bought my first gun (Ruger SR9c), so I'm new to all of this. Is Strictly Shooting the only indoor range in the Evansville area?

Top Bottom