• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I've had the handgun for quite a while, but have put off buying a holster. I looked for a long time at the Crossbreed SuperTuck, but being that it is rather pricey and knowing that I'll only wear it on weekends, I am having second thoughts. Does anyone have good experience with a comfortable holster that a clothing upgrade won't be needed? I am open to all suggestions.

P.S. I am a fairly slim guy being 6'3 and weighing around 180

Thanks
    TK

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Nice pistol you have chosen. Check out alien gear for a cheaper solution to inside the waist hybrid. Also, check into a kydex IWB for carry at appendix or small of back. They are under $40 and probably won't print on a slender frame.

I've had the handgun for quite a while, but have put off buying a holster. I looked for a long time at the Crossbreed SuperTuck, but being that it is rather pricey and knowing that I'll only wear it on weekends, I am having second thoughts. Does anyone have good experience with a comfortable holster that a clothing upgrade won't be needed? I am open to all suggestions.

P.S. I am a fairly slim guy being 6'3 and weighing around 180

Thanks
    TK

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Galco King Tuk. Find them online for less than MSRP.

Next question, what kind of belt are you planning to use?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I own several Supertucks. You get what you pay for, and you will NOT be disappointed.

I'd buy another without question. Its the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. After about an hour, I have been known to absolutely forget im wearing my G42.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I have a Comptac Minotaur MTAC I'd be willing to part with if that's one on your list. I use of so little because I normally carry my Glock 19 AIWB. But Comptac makes a great holster. I've had it for a year. I just stopped carrying my Glock at the 4 o'clock position a while ago when an ingo member custom made me a kydex holster for appendix carry. I prefer that method because I'm thin. And a good belt can make all the difference.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If you're going to :spend: good money on a handgun, don't shortchange yourself and go cheap with holsters or belts.

Your life COULD depend on it.

Phoenix1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Greenwood
    I carried my G23 in an Alien Gear holster and loved it. I own three now, all Cloak Tuck 1.0 models, and have no complaints. I can honestly say that they are super comfy.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I love my crossbreed. I picked it up used off a fellow INGO member a couple years back for around $50. There is a link floating around here that sells blemished crossbreeds pretty cheap. Maybe it will pop up before to long. On the flip side if you can't wait and don't want to spend the money, Alien gear seems to be a good option. One plus, if you ever change pistols they will exchange the Kydex portion for one that fits your new gun free of charge.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I went ahead and got a Crossbreed Supertuck even though I strongly looked into an Alien Gear. Thanks for all the help INGO members!

Trust me, you wont be disappointed. (Ive tried both and will never darken the door of AG, and will happily buy another crossbreed)

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have a few Crossbreeds that I used before starting to make my own. They all work well but the last one I bought I ordered the "Combat Cut" for the first time. When the holster arrived I found my horsehide holster with a big hunk of the leather gone, which is the general idea of the combat cut. However, this one looked like a three year old cut it with a chain saw. This was for a 1911 and the top of the leather folds around the front of the gun due to the crappy cut and it catches in the safety lever.

Yeah, that one sits on the shelf and holds the title of the last Crossbreed I'll buy.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Not to jack the thread, but still relevant, anyone here have StealthGearUSA The most comfortable holsters and best EDC gear ever. holsters and opinions? I'm curious about its breathablity for summertime especially.

I had never heard of them until now, but they do like like the real deal. If you are going to be carrying all day in the heat of the summer, it definitely looks like a top option. Looking at all the reviews, I'd say it would be well worth the purchase if you can easily afford it. (A little pricey..$99) Plus if you don't like it you can return it within 30 days and a lifetime warranty is always a good selling point in my mind.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I use a Don Hume leather IWB for my Glock 23 in the summer , I'm not a fan of a tuckable holster I prefer just to wear my shirt out over my gun.
    Galco concealable is a nice belt holster too.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    One more vote for the Galco King Tuk. It's my first IWB holster and I like it. Retention seems good and comfortable. I'm 6'5" 275 lbs.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I have an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 for IWB and a G-Code Edge Works: HSP INCOG IWB Holster System for AIWB on the way for my new G19.
    Had my AG Cloak Tuck 2.0 for a week now. Got and test out my G-Code today. The retention out of the box on the G-Code is great! The black fuzz on the Kydex is different and increases comfort and eliminates any noise. I like how the gear is angled and angled into the body for concealing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom