• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In that recent terror attack in Pakastain (the one where the terrorists took over the hotel) in some of the news footage I swear I saw some of the responding troops/police? (not sure what uniforms are what over there) anyway some of them were still using Lee-Enfields!

I sort of got a kick out of see'ing that.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Thanks son!

Mosin002.jpg

Mosin003.jpg

Mosin001.jpg

OK My son had to add the picutres for me, sorry it took so long.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    In that recent terror attack in Pakastain (the one where the terrorists took over the hotel) in some of the news footage I swear I saw some of the responding troops/police? (not sure what uniforms are what over there) anyway some of them were still using Lee-Enfields!

I sort of got a kick out of see'ing that.

Yes, many of the troops you saw were indeed carrying Lee-Enfields. I would love to know if they were .303s or Ishy's in 7.62.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    At the risk of being ostracied for my ignorance, could someone school me on whats so great about Mosins? I always thought they were just inexpensive milsurp rifles.

1. Its cheap
    2. Full of history. The greatest sniper ever used a Finn Mosin with open sites. Simo Hyh
    3. Ammo is still fairly cheap and attainable
    4. Spam can top can be used as a cool liscence plate
    5. A large variety of models
    6. M44 carbine
    Did I miss anything else?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Welllllllllll. Have a German Mauser 98 non import that my father brought back at the end of WWII. He used it for deer hunting in Michigan, Has been "sporterized":xmad:

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    Can not help you out in that area but if you must have one take a road trip to Bradis on hwy. 67 not too far off of the interstate 465 phone # for them is 317-856-8880 Its worth the drive they have a good inventory of new and used guns good people to deal with Good luck in your mission!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Very nice, looks like the same condition of my 91/30. I love the old milsurp guns too. I've got 2 mosins, a 91/30, and a m44 that's been sporterized, I use it for coyotes lol. And then a beautiful K98 that I pretty much stole for $150. I also have a Golden state arms sporter mauser in 30-06 that's in beautiful condition. Good buy it looks very nice!

Top Bottom