• ...and so much more!
  • Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    is that the 1200?
    I love the looks of this bike! what are your thoughts of it and what bikes would you compare it to?

That is indeed the 1200. I've had two VFR's and this one is my favorite. In fact, of ALL the bikes I've had over the years, everything from a Honda CB350Four to a new Goldwing and cruisers of all sizes in between, this VFR1200 is my absolute favorite bar none. I literally smile every time I lay that thing over in a turn and power out of it. The thing pulls like a fighter jet and the shaft drive is unlike any shaft-driven bike I've ever had or ridden. There is NO slop or torque from the driveline. The standard slipper clutch is awesome and comforting at the same time.

I'd compare it most to BMW's K1200s or K1300s. My brother has one of these and they, to me, ride very similarly. Otherwise, I don't think there is anything like it out there. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's something that must be ridden to understand I think.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but I could talk motorcycles all day!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Love these. How's it been for ya thus far?

Beautiful!

It has fit my current riding style perfectly. I have about 52K on it now.
    I can haul around the kids, get groceries, supplies etc.
    I rode it to southern Indiana this summer all along the Ohio river
    and back to the northern part of the state and did not get tired riding once.
    My butt and arms would have been screaming on the old ride after a couple of hours.

I replaced the rear brake disc with an EBC unit and got rid of the farm truck squeal from the back brakes.
    I added a DICE Ipod interface and I have 8gb of music along for the ride that I can control from the handlebar buttons.

I see this one being around the stable for a LONG time. :yesway:

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    My 2006 Ultra

westphalia.jpg

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I'm not aware that Honda ever produced a 2 stroke powered street bike. Honda's claim to fame has always been making power from the 4 stroke engine. They even produced an oval pistoned race bike. It didn't last long as it shredded rear tires. Honda has always done it Honda's way....

The NSR series were 2 stroke street bikes based off their GP bikes in the 80s. The NR oval piston bikes were 4 strokes. I've never been a big Honda fan, but I appreciate their engineering prowess and inventiveness. The newer VTEC equipped VFRs are pretty awesome too.

NR750 -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NSR250 -
    800px-NSR_250_MC18_R5_Seed_005.jpg

Last edited:

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    They are trainable sir, they really are.

Well, it did take me 12 years to get her to even touch a gun and now she's a better shot than me, so there is still hope for a bike. Plus, I'm hoping that after enough time being married to me she won't care what I'm doing, as long as I am out of the house and out of her hair for a few hours every now and then.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    2011-08-28_19-10-19_18.jpg

My daily rider.
    On the topic of Honda and VFRs, big fan. Owned several VFRs. Not, however, a fan of the new VTEC engines vs. older gen cam driven ones. But I don't think it would stop me from buying one. I'll never get rid of this one, though.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I used to have a CX, though it was the one year ('83) that they did the CX650C. 4-stroke, transverse V-twin. No road rocket but lotsa torque and it made more HP than my riding buddy's 1100CC, Honda Shadow. My only complaint was how top heavy the bike was at slow speed and how the cylinder heads would knock on your knees.

cx650small.jpg

3-1.jpg

Pulling the plugs took about as much time as checking the oil. I wish my V-4 Magna were that easy...

5-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    2011-08-28_19-10-19_18.jpg

My daily rider.
    On the topic of Honda and VFRs, big fan. Owned several VFRs. Not, however, a fan of the new VTEC engines vs. older gen cam driven ones. But I don't think it would stop me from buying one. I'll never get rid of this one, though.

I'm jealous! While I do like the V-Tech (and I know I'm in a minority), there is nothing like the intoxicating sound that comes from those gear-driven cams!

Nice bike!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm jealous! While I do like the V-Tech (and I know I'm in a minority), there is nothing like the intoxicating sound that comes from those gear-driven cams!

Nice bike!

I have always called the mechanical music generated a "Hi-way song"
    Sweet music to a gear heads ears.

Top Bottom