It's the guns fault that Chiefs player shot himself?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You can take the thug out of the hood but not the hood out of the thug!

This is exactly the kind of bull that always takes discussions off the rail. The guy was born and raised in an upper-middle class community and was never in a gang. So, there was no "thug" or "hood" in this instance. Mentally challenged? Yes. Cowardly for taking his own life and not facing his life-changing and savage choices? Yes. Thug-life gansta' from the hood? No!

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That's the American culture now! It's not the persons fault it was_______ that made them do it! The gun must of been a very persuasive speaker! Idiots!

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    It has nothing to do with where you are from or how you were raised. The real problem is that everyone wants to blame someone else or something else. Truth is that no one is responsible for there own actions. Time for everyone to MAN-UP and quit the blame game.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Watching the late game on NBC. Halftime talking head repeated this crap on national TV. Blaming the gun for this act of insanity. How many folks got stabbed or beaten down with a bat this weekend. Never seem to hear much about that.
    I am numb from the dumb.

Que, you can not fix stupid my friend.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Whitlock has always been a self-reighteous pontificating blowhard. He ALWAYS takes the position to maximize the controversy, because he thinks it makes him seem "edgy". I've actually spent time debating with him on a Ball State forum (he played football for the Cardinals), and he's an insufferable idiot who thinks he knows everything, because he thinks he's an "insider".

The fact that Bob Costas (a guy that I previously respected) quoted him is extremely disappointing.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If they are so self-righteous and can so easily blame the gun and not the shooter, I'm sure they are all willing to give up part of their billions to support the child. After all, they need to protect her from the evil guns that were the cause of her parents' death. Nah, that probably won't happen, but they will come out with a special NFL text number for the fans to give to the effort.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    This is exactly the kind of bull that always takes discussions off the rail. The guy was born and raised in an upper-middle class community and was never in a gang. So, there was no "thug" or "hood" in this instance. Mentally challenged? Yes. Cowardly for taking his own life and not facing his life-changing and savage choices? Yes. Thug-life gansta' from the hood? No!

yes and no. "thug" culture permeates much more than just the "hood." i grew up in the suburbs, and that kind of mentallity was becoming (and has since become a lot more) rampant. was the "hood" real? probably not physically, but more imagined.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Just saw the Bob Costas commentary. - "If there were no handguns, two people would still be alive."

Yeah, and if there were no automobiles, 30,000 people would still be alive. :rolleyes:

What is it with these brain dead reflexive liberals? (rhetorical question).

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012

I guarantee this guy was immersed in thug culture whether he grew up in the hood or not.

Whether it had anything to do with the propensity for murder/suicide or not, I don't know.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    I just don't get it. How do these people not understand that a gun is an inanimate object, just like a hammer, automobile, airplane, etc.
    TJo1x.jpg

I'm sure we've all seen it before, but it applies so well here

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here is the clip of Bob Costas politicizing a tragedy during halftime.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOi7If0zW9s[/ame]

Linc8301

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I heard them saying. "if guns didnt exist,they wouldnt have died" yes its very sad people lost their lives, but come on. the man shot his gf then killed himself. The man did it. The gun did not act on its own.

Napalm217

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The local radio station was talking about this event this morning. Their guest was very anti gun and stated it was the gun laws fault he killed himself. One of the DJs took a pro gun stance and the guy sort of shut up.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    yes and no. "thug" culture permeates much more than just the "hood." i grew up in the suburbs, and that kind of mentallity was becoming (and has since become a lot more) rampant. was the "hood" real? probably not physically, but more imagined.

I guarantee this guy was immersed in thug culture whether he grew up in the hood or not.

Whether it had anything to do with the propensity for murder/suicide or not, I don't know.

I didn't mention "culture." I was replying to the statement of "... take the thug out of the hood, but not the hood out of the thug." If it was thug culture that caused this to happen, maybe it can be blamed on the music he listed to. Regardless, it wasn't culture that murdered that woman. It was a man who would not or could not deal with his problems the correct way. It wasn't owning or possessing a gun that did it.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I didn't mention "culture." I was replying to the statement of "... take the thug out of the hood, but not the hood out of the thug." If it was thug culture that caused this to happen, maybe it can be blamed on the music he listed to. Regardless, it wasn't culture that murdered that woman. It was a man who would not or could not deal with his problems the correct way. It wasn't owning or possessing a gun that did it.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I agree with your statement.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom