It's the guns fault that Chiefs player shot himself?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    If he didn't have a gun, he may have whacked her with a hammer and drove his car into on coming traffic. Same outcome -- both dead. I'm sure the media would not comment about where he got the hammer. As all of you members, I'm tired of everyone blaming guns.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    I felt that I had to repost this, it is one of the top comments on this video on Youtube:
    I blame that microphone for Costas acting like an idiot. If he didn't have that microphone Costas wouldn't be a self-righteous douchebag idiot hack

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    A close friend of mine who is in his mid 60s and was born and raised in the slums of Mumbai (formerly Bombay) told me that he had seen people killed in domestic disputes with anything that one person could hold in his/her hands including pots, skillets, dinner knives, broken glass and chair legs. Do not blame the gun. Blame the guy's culture and up-bringing. Most of us have been mad and even infuriated one or more times in our lives. I can not think of one time that I actually thought of killing someone over the dispute. I have two ex-wives and have never considered shooting either one of them. I might have wished that someone else would, but I never thought about doing it or hiring it done for me. I guess that most of us just have some respect for the value of life. The guy was definitely mis-guided and troubled.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From all accounts that "Seem" realistic he brought this woman into his life and she treated him like a wallet. Ran with her friends to all hours of the morning and left him at home. Concerts and the hi-life and he was putting out the doe for it and supporting her mother or so I hear. When he had enough and confronted her they fought all night and he went cave man and ended her and then himself. Shot her 9 times. It is all wrong from the first and he chose poorly. Did she deserve to die for his bad decision to have a child with her, No she did not. This man was addled and overwhelmed. It sounds like she was on a gravy train but I was not there so decide for yourself. Is that a reason to shoot her and end his life leaving the child without parents....to him, yes.
    Walk away, pay the fees and do all you can to raise the child.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    391933_458884737482366_1544221755_n.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I just read on USA Today that Costas is doing a lot of back-pedaling. He stated his comments were mis-interpreted by the public and in no way advocates doing away with 2nd Ammendment rights. Yea right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just read on USA Today that Costas is doing a lot of back-pedaling. He stated his comments were mis-interpreted by the public and in no way advocates doing away with 2nd Ammendment rights. Yea right.

Reality comes to full focus when a man exposes himself and steps on it (his manhood) on national TV.
    I seriously hope he is released.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Mark Holmberg, a reporter here, said Costas was an idiot and showed graphs about all the other implements used for killing and said we had more guns than ever before here, and murders were dropping, etc.
    It was a very good and positive report for us gun owners.:yesway:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Seems to me that these anti-gunners are very shorts-sighted when it comes to history. America has always been a culture of guns. But we have not always been a culture of death. Even if we were to ban guns, would such an oppressive move do anything to restore respect for life? Or would it just create more dissension in an already deeply divided society?

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    A woman's perspective.

An open letter to Bob Costas and Jason Whitlock
    Posted: December 3, 2012 by alexthechick in Liberal FAIL, Op/Sped, You'll pry 'em from my cold dead hands

Gentlemen: I see that you have chosen to use the horrific crime of the murder of Kasandra Perkins to express your belief that guns are the problem, not the men who wield them. I am utterly certain that you believe that you have the moral high ground on this matter. I am equally certain that such a belief is appallingly wrong, not to mention terribly misogynistic. Why do I say this? Because had your desires on gun control been in place, I would not be alive to be writing this now.

I have an Ex. I have an Ex who, in the process of becoming my Ex, made credible threats to kill me. Why did I believe these threats were credible? Because among the primary reasons why I left him were that he had anger control issues, that he was a problem drinker well on his way to full blown alcoholism and that the things he was throwing at me were getting ever closer to my head. I decided to leave before finally snapped and actually hit me. He was displeased by this and made such displeasure known.

Do you know what kept me safe? Not some piece of paper. Not a judge tut tutting at him and shaking his/her finger and telling him to leave me alone. Not the police, who, after all, would only be able to respond once he had caused me harm. No, what kept me safe was my Glock. What kept me safe was my Glock and the fact that he knew I had both the ability and the will to empty a clip into his chest if he made good on his statements that if I did not come back, I would not see the next week. He never tried to do any of the things he screamed he would because he knew that not only would I defend myself but that I could. My Ex was nearly a foot taller than me and, at the time, had about 150 pounds on me. If he had been able to get close enough to me to harm me, there were very few options I had to protect myself. But with my Glock, well, I would be able to stop him before he got that close. I am alive today because he knew that if he tried to make that otherwise, there was a better than even chance he would be the one lying there in a pool of blood instead of me.

You want to take that from me. You want me to be unable to defend myself. You want to leave me vulnerable to those out there who look at a five foot tall fat girl and think “victim”. You want me to be unable to protect myself when there is no one else around to do so. You want to make me dependent on others to provide for my basic safety and security.

Let us not beat around the bush, you want to sacrifice my life on the altar of your political beliefs. How dare you? Honestly, who do the two of you think you are to demand that my blood be shed so that you may preen about what wonderful people you are? Why, precisely, are you removing the responsibility for Kasandra Perkins’ murder from Jovan Belcher and placing it on an inanimate object? That is what you are doing, after all. Your position is that absent the gun, Jovan Belcher would not have murdered Kasandra Perkins. What utter rot. It’s not as if, to pick something at random, he could have picked up a knife and slit her throat so violently that she was nearly decapitated. Oh no, that would never ever happen. By focusing on the gun, you are choosing to make Jovan Belcher a mere bystander to his own actions. That is horrific. Jovan Belcher murdered Kasandra Perkins. He chose to pull that trigger. He chose to take her life. How dare you attempt to absolve him in even the slightest manner for that crime. He killed her. Not a gun. He did it. No one else.

I will not let you two demand that my blood be shed so that you can sit there and declaim your supposed superior morality to the world. No. You would rather I be dead. That is the logical conclusion of your positions. I will not die for you. No other woman should either.

Alive despite you,

Alexandria

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    If it is the guns fault then why does violence continue once the criminal goes to jail? Because people who want to kill other people will do it will a gun, rope, knife, shoe horn, whatever they can use.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Top Bottom