• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I've noticed allot of guns coming up for sale already. People either trying to get some last minute price gouging. Or their credit card payment has come due.

The next few weeks could provide allot of deal s for those of us that saved or Pennies.

MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    I have noticed this as well but they are all still very much over priced. Most are advertised at 2x the original purchase price. Maybe this is just O's way of trying to get Americans to put some money back into the economy but who knows I really don't think he is that smart

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    lostArms.jpg

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I've noticed allot of guns coming up for sale already. People either trying to get some last minute price gouging. Or their credit card payment has come due.

The next few weeks could provide allot of deal s for those of us that saved or Pennies.

Traditionally this time of the year has always proved it self to be dumping time. Between over spending during teh holidays, hunting guns that never got used last year and teh tax man collecting in April it is just the nature of the beast. the exception this time around, like the 1st time BO was elected, is the fact that this is coinciding with something else major facing the firearms industry.

It's business, nothing more nothing less. And what someone paid for something or what it cost 2 months ago is irrelevant.

Supply and demand dictate cost.
    the value of the item is dictated by the ratio of someones need to that item and how much it cost them.

Simple economics. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

P.S.
    And with an add like this, i sure as hell wont be loosing any sleep over the sale.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...guns/261565-5_rra_virgin_lowers_and_lpks.html

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Same ol same ol, Bubba "J" that thinks paying $1200 for your hardly used WASR is robbery, will be right behind you at the show pulling it off your arm and drooling on it, if say today you had it marked $350. Then same Bubba "J" would make a post about his great find, and quickly place same WASR up for sale in the Forum(s) for $1200.

Please.

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    With 4.2 Million guns sold via NICS check in the past two months, supply has to be a little slim. So prices are going to be high if anyone wants to buy now. There is still the thirst to upgrade guns to Modern Semi Auto Pistols and Rifles (the evil ones). Those that stockpile or use them for investments are making their return on investments. Personally, I will wait for things to get back to pre-newtown pricing.

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    When I saw everything leaving the shelf my first thought was "I'll wait till these people actually have to pay and pick it up then." Gonna have to look around now. Still looking for a few specific things(that enfield is still avoiding me)

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    It will likely be another month before their credit card statements reflect their extreme purchases..

A.) Their must have guns go up for sale...
    B.) The part time jobs everywhere are filled with folks needing to pay off 5k in
    recently acquired credit card debt.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I don't have a problem with people trying to make a buck. More power to them, I'm just saying their is a large number of people who overpaid. I would speculate over a million people who payed x2 going price, For an evil rifle. Those same people have no clue what they were buying.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I don't have a problem with people trying to make a buck. More power to them, I'm just saying their is a large number of people who overpaid. I would speculate over a million people who payed x2 going price, For an evil rifle. Those same people have no clue what they were buying.

QFT!!!

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The bubble on the panic buying from the idiots burst yesterday when even the most stupid of the bubba's finally got it through their head that Barack Hussein can't do anything. Wait 2 months and prices will be back to pre December 14th numbers.

Just wait a while. The last place on Earth anyone should be this weekend is the Indy 1500.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Just wait a while. The last place on Earth anyone should be this weekend is the Indy 1500.

Are you kidding? That is the BEST place to be this weekend. Don't plan on buying anything and you can just enjoy the show.....and annoy the mods at the INGO booth with your tales of glory.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have to agree with most of the other people in this thread...a lot of people probably really stretched or broke their budgets picking up things that they thought would no longer be available soon. Now that heads are clearing and the smoke is dying down a little, (and taxes are coming due,) they're getting a supreme case of buyers remorse and trying to make their money back.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think it is just the people that overpaid, there are a lot of people that were waiting to start selling until they thought we had reached market peak. It now appears we may have already passed market peak or will shortly. So they are jumping in and hoping to catch the wave before it really starts dropping. Of course the more that go on the market the more prices will be pushed downward.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Are you kidding? That is the BEST place to be this weekend. Don't plan on buying anything and you can just enjoy the show.....and annoy the mods at the INGO booth with your tales of glory.

I can see the prices dipping a little bit now that we see what is in the OE but there is still a possibility of a ban depending on what happens in Congress. I don't think the prices will fully normalize until that gets finalized.

Top Bottom