• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have seen pictures of some small morels and a few grays that were captured near Mitchell Indiana this last weekend. They're coming.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    So glad it has finally warmed up, thought we would have to thaw them out before frying. Just add a side of bluegills and a meal to remember.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    April 10th is when I go every year and find the first small grays then by the 17th its on ! soke over night in salt water then rinse and dry'm off, zip lock bag with saltens and ritz crackers mixed or flower and corn meal mixed with a egg wash with a dab of milk in it and of course get some hogger blue gills out of the freezer..... Then warm up the deep frier.. O' YEA !!!!! Then the end of april first week of may the hogger gills go on the nest..... Man life is good....

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    a pic or 2 to get you by.....

24zj82h.jpg

1hayjm.jpg

Greenedog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I never find the first ones at the same time every year. "Normally" I would have been picking the black ones by now, but every year is different and I can tell by the looks of the foliage that it's just not quite time yet. I'm definitely ready though!! :nailbite:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    My best spot is a old apple orchard, its been a great spot for over 40yrs, its kind of my first go to spot... There is a south bank that I find the first ones on every year.... I gage all my shroom hunt'n off that one spot... Were still a week out here, but warm nights will help and the rain hit just right this year, should be a good year...

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Are these all Morel Mushrooms?? I didn't know they grew in different colors. I have seen picture on the Internet and presumably there is nothing poisonous that could be mistaken for them, correct??

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Are these all Morel Mushrooms?? I didn't know they grew in different colors. I have seen picture on the Internet and presumably there is nothing poisonous that could be mistaken for them, correct??

These are all morels. There are different colors, grey, black, yellow. There are some mushrooms that can be mistaken for morels and are poisonous: The First Morel

Top Bottom