• STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Bound to happen someday
    cry.gif
    , after all these years, (since 1990 actually) I have been firing thousands of factory rounds through my Glocks (17/19/22/23/26/27) with no jams, blips,farts,stutters, nix, nada, nothing but Click/ BOOM (Programed malfunction clearance drills at the Sheriffs Academy don't count). Yesterday I cracked open a case (1,00 rds) of 180 gr FMJ re- manufactured .40 S&W ammo I picked up from STAR reloading company back in 1993 for $68.00 as they were stopping their sales to the public. I renewed my range membership and loaded three mags fro my G-23 2nd gen EDC and my G-27 2.5 gen BUG. I had ten fail to feed (fired and ejected cartridge, but while loading the next round into the bbl, the slide did not fully go into battery and close).
    Wow.gif
    faint.gif
    dunno.gif
    Never happened to me before.....I knew what to do but it surprised me at first that one of my children would/could/should stumble! Oh I knew what caused it at the very moment it happened Re-Loaded ammunition exactly what Glock says do not use in your Glock especially the possibly re loaded .40 Kaboom rounds we hear about.

But after ejecting the jam causing round(s), looking them over a few times, re-inserting them into the magazine, re-chambering and firing them all, I just smacked the rear of the slide when it kept happening and made it through 40 rds through the G-23. The ten sent through the G-27 went down range no problemo.

So, it can happen to me, it did happen to me:embarrassed:

It can happen and (I am sure it will) happen again.
    I took both pistols home, cleaned them, and put the mags containing 180 gr Win PDX-1 back in them, and back in service they go.
    I trust my life with them, so its good to know they are both not "perfect"... I know , I know it was the ammo, but a shock to the system when it happened to me unexpectedly the first time.

Wish I could get a few more cases of $68 re-loads....I wonder if STAR still re-loads for LE Only?

Might have to look them back up?!?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    "Knock on wood"
    Happy to hear all is well with you and your G 23,27s.
    I'm amazed that there aren't more bad rounds considering the number of rounds fired daily.
    I've had two malfunctions due to defective ammo and a couple of "spitters" over the years.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    You're right it's bound to happen eventually especially if you put enough lead down range. My brother is an EPA CID and says he's seen plenty of malfunctions in Glock 19's even though the general consensus is that this pistol was divinely inspired and only slightly less infallible than the Pope (this is not a dig against Glock's or Catholics, I carry a Glock 19 everyday by choice).

Might be a sign that the recoil spring is starting to weaken. :dunno:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I KNEW IT.

i always thought it was posible for a glock to jam but despite some pretty valant efforts on my part i was never able to witness it.

PICTURES or you are just fabricating this story and dont really own a glock and are just smearing their impecable reputation.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I'm so disappointed. The topic led me to think this was some sort of Penthouse Forum letter ("Dear Penthouse, I never thought it would happen to me...").

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    i always thought it was posible for a glock to jam but despite some pretty valant efforts on my part i was never able to witness it.

A Glock malfunctioned repeatedly in my hands. At first I was able to clear it with the usual drill. Then even that stopped working. You know it's something special when I showed it to someone, and he turned around and said, "Hey, come over here. I've never seen this one before!"

That's why my backup gun is a Taurus. Statistically the chances of one gun malfunctioning are reasonable, but the chances of both of your guns malfunctioning at the same time are astronomically slim. I need one to malfunction so the other one won't.

Da Bing

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    "OMG I TOLD YOU GLOCKS SUCK"

There!

Never held or shot a Glock so my opinion is purely subjective.

Then again not knowing anything about something has never really stopped me from forming an opinion before!!!

OK, I confess I don't mean any of the above.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    My brother is an EPA CID and says he's seen plenty of malfunctions in Glock 19's even though the general consensus is that this pistol was divinely inspired and only slightly less infallible than the Pope (this is not a dig against Glock's or Catholics, I carry a Glock 19 everyday by choice).

Are you sure it was "only slightly less infallible than the Pope"? Or was it another religious leader? Maybe "only slightly less infallible than Jim Bakker" because when they mess up, it's big(KABOOM)...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well ten rounds did go through the Babyglock fine, but yep, kept stuttering in the G-23, never thought about recoil spring, but if it ever happens with store bought (you have given me reason #2 to visit shooter521 and the boys at Braddis on the way home today) I will change it out. Seriously, I believe the ammunition not the gun caused the hiccups....but since it go's eevrywhere I go, I will run a box of federal 180 gr through it for you all. Any excuse to go back to Pops next week and put holes in paper.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks to all the replies, I took aforementioned said Glock-23 back to Pops yesterday and feed it fifty rounds of 165 Gr Winchester white box Wal-Mart special .40 FMJ ammo with nix nein nada problem, so its not the Glock its what I feed or fed it.

I feel bad though because my son came over for dinner and I only got time for cleaning the .25 auto (Intratec .25 Pro tec) I fired fro the first time in who knows how long and neglected my G-23 and G-27. But am happy there is no indication of any problems with my Glock!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks to all the replies, I took aforementioned said Glock-23 back to Pops yesterday and feed it fifty rounds of 165 Gr Winchester white box Wal-Mart special .40 FMJ ammo with nix nein nada problem, so its not the Glock its what I feed or fed it.

I feel bad though because my son came over for dinner and I only got time for cleaning the .25 auto (Intratec .25 Pro tec) I fired fro the first time in who knows how long and neglected my G-23 and G-27. But am happy there is no indication of any problems with my Glock!

I shoot that Winchester white box ammo from Wally World a lot in my 9mm....never once had a failure. At $25 for a 100 rounds, it isn't too bad.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    Other than .22LR 95% of my shooting for many years (40) has been reloads. Just that would keep me from ever owning a Glock. For those with the money to shoot commercial I'd say give it a try. Of course I'm one who also tends to abide by warning labels.

Top Bottom