• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    But after ejecting the jam causing round(s), looking them over a few times, re-inserting them into the magazine, re-chambering and firing them all, I just smacked the rear of the slide when it kept happening and made it through 40 rds through the G-23
    So... you had rounds that, after trying to force into battery that didn't go, you then reinserted them into mags, and attempted to try the whole mess again?!

Godzilla+Facepalm.jpg

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Well confession is good for the soul. Here goes. About 25 yars ago I bought a Jennings .25 (POS). Small and compact. Right out of the box, I worked the slide and dried fired it to see the response. I quickly found that if you dried fired it the firing pin would become exposed. You then had to completely pull the slide all the way back. When the slide would then move forward the firing pin would retract. Not too complicated so far.

I dried fired it, shoved a magazine into it and only pulled the slide back not enough for the pin to retract but far enough to pick up the first round. The exposed pin caught the round. The gun is gone.

We are all capable of mistakes. Don't take gun safety for granted.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No they would not completly go into battery somehow causing a fed malfunction, I then when it first happened finished the rounds in the magazine, and gave the bad round a second chance after looking it over for a noticible defect. Later I just smacked the slide into battery and 90% of the ammo worked fine in my 2nd gen G-23. I remind you this ammo is factory reloaded from 1993, the brass may have been reloaded many times previously, the cases were not tumbled so they are old and dirty. (I know Glock fans a KABOOM waiting to happen with a .40) But with ammo prices like they are, I am getting rid of this stuff and replacing it with fresh fodder for next year.

By the way, last week I put 50 rds of Winchester FMJ, Meijer or Wal-Mart 165 gr through it and not a burp. Now this week I am again using the STAR Re manufactured 180 gr and will let you know how it go's.

Top Bottom