• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I recently picked up a new Kahr PM9. I shot it last Saturday and it functioned flawlessly. I carry my spare mag in a nylon knife sheath. Last night I noticed that three rounds had fallen out of the mag, and where sitting in the bottom of the sheath. Is this a common problem with Kahr. I'm going to contact them, as that is not satisfactory in my eyes.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I've had three Kahrs and never had that issue. Have you run that mag through your gun yet? Did it have any feeding issues? Maybe the lips on the mag are spread, or they gave you the wrong caliber mag? Does the mag move around in the knife sheath when you carry it?

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Do you notice any damage to the feed lips? I have not experience any such issue with my cw9, but the mags are all the same. Kahr has great customer service with my e experience with them, bet of luck, hope you can work it out.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I've had three Kahrs and never had that issue. Have you run that mag through your gun yet? Did it have any feeding issues? Maybe the lips on the mag are spread, or they gave you the wrong caliber mag? Does the mag move around in the knife sheath when you carry it?

I ran 100+ rounds through both mags without issue. I can visually see no issues with it as well, and it's the right caliber. The mag fits pretty tight in the sheath and does not have any room to move around.

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    I have the same issue with my pm9. The spring tension and smooth feed Allow a round in the spare mag to pop out from time to time. It's only one round and in my spare mag. I also found that a small piece of scotch tape on the spare mag and top round will stop it and still allows function.

If you had three rounds fall out your knife sheath must not be to tight like you say or there would not be room for three rounds down there.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have the same issue with my pm9. The spring tension and smooth feed Allow a round in the spare mag to pop out from time to time. It's only one round and in my spare mag. I also found that a small piece of scotch tape on the spare mag and top round will stop it and still allows function.

If you had three rounds fall out your knife sheath must not be to tight like you say or there would not be room for three rounds down there.

I know it sounds odd, and even I was like WTF. The sheath is literaly just big enough to hold the mag, and it has a velcro loop.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    There are a couple of mag tweaks on kahrtalk.com that have a good chance of reducing the pop-out issue. It will never go away entirely, though, because the rounds are at such an aggressive angle.

ajiarcher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I've had the top round move forward enough so that it wouldn't go in the mag well. I attributed that to my not install the round far enough back in the magazine. I also had one fall out once, I inspected the mag's and they seemed to be in good shape, no deformaties that I could find and spring tension was very firm.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My spare Kahr mags do that with the top round. I switched to a kydex mag holder and no longer have a problem.

Top Bottom