• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Elite operator combat training course instructed by a Tier Zero Israeli operator commando asset who has operated on multiple organic full spectrum dynamic systematical operational operations. With this training develop an aggressive operator warrior mindset that breeds a kinetic nonlinear response to exploit and dominate the enemy in an unconventional and asymmetric fashion.

Must be Rick Taylor's training partner.... so much awesomeness in one video :D

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Wow.

I thought this was a spoof video, given all the safety issues and idiocy portrayed. Unfortunately, this clown is REAL. It's a REAL training school with a REAL website!

This does NOT fall under what I would consider a fantasy camp for combat wannabes that could be innocent fun. This is downright dangerous.

I definitely need one of those AR-style plastic wiffle ball bats now.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Sorry for being so sensitive, iChokePeople.

Que = Mr. Sensitivity

Who knew? :D

Daggone, Que, even if you offered me the chance to take a road trip with you down there to train with this yokel, I think I'd have to turn you down. This guy has more than one screw loose, IMO. The first time he muzzled me he'd be going down.

Mr. Sensitivity. :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que = Mr. Sensitivity

Who knew? :D

Daggone, Que, even if you offered me the chance to take a road trip with you down there to train with this yokel, I think I'd have to turn you down. This guy has more than one screw loose, IMO. The first time he muzzled me he'd be going down.

Mr. Sensitivity. :D

Yeah, I see your point. I'm certainly in no place to critique his classes. I'm still trying to lean and I don't know the guy, so I'll bow out.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Yeah, I see your point. I'm certainly in no place to critique his classes. I'm still trying to lean and I don't know the guy, so I'll bow out.

You missed my point, Que. I don't have one. Just being funny. No need to bow out.

Seriously, this speaks to the very valid point on another thread about the need for some kind of standards for firearms training. NRA certification is the only standard of any kind right now it seems, and it's generally considered a joke.

For the uninitiated and new to firearms, this guy might hold appeal. There are TONS of new gun owners out there who are being encouraged to get training. Israeli Combat Training is out there (WAY out there!) and, other than bad word-of-mouth press or a tragic accident, he will continue to fill his classes with those who don't know better.

And there's nothing wrong with a man like you being in touch with his sensitive side. Seriously. :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It must be because I don't know you in real life. I can never tell when you are serious or messing around.

Yeah, I know. I do have a very dry sense of humor and most of the time I'm joking, but there I just let all the Yeager PMs get to me and acted like an idiot.

We will meet when I can get one of your classes scheduled. :yesway:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    This quote for the video info - "Elite operator combat training course instructed by a Tier Zero Israeli operator commando asset who has operated on multiple organic full spectrum dynamic systematical operational operations." - had my brain swimming in adjectives.

I can see what he's doing though. The fact of the matter is, HSLD military like training is just that, dangerous. More guys died during peace time ops when I was active service than during my war time service. Understandably, slow is fast, if you train enough. What he seems to be teaching though is how to bring yourself to the aggression of the threat.

You can't ***** foot around and worry about nicking a fingernail on some metal when your firearm needs a reload and you back on target firing. Some people don't know how to bump up the tempo until someone's yelling at them.

I'd like to know more about his background though before I'd invest in him as an instructor.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    ...I can see what he's doing though. The fact of the matter is, HSLD military like training is just that, dangerous. More guys died during peace time ops when I was active service than during my war time service. Understandably, slow is fast, if you train enough. What he seems to be teaching though is how to bring yourself to the aggression of the threat.

You can't ***** foot around and worry about nicking a fingernail on some metal when your firearm needs a reload and you back on target firing. Some people don't know how to bump up the tempo until someone's yelling at them.

I'd like to know more about his background though before I'd invest in him as an instructor.

But, Sarge ... you have no safety concerns about his teaching techniques? I think that is what bothers most people more than teaching students to be aggressive toward the threat.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    But, Sarge ... you have no safety concerns about his teaching techniques? I think that is what bothers most people more than teaching students to be aggressive toward the threat.

Of course I have a concern for the safety of others, especially during a training event. I had to watch the video a third time to pinpoint a few places one might be concerned about. For the most part, it was the instructor in front of many muzzles several times. There were 2 times I saw the instructor point a pistol back at the students and his rifle without a mag back at the students. That is obviously a safety issue. The rest of the safety issues put the instructors life in jeopardy, but I think he's comfortable with that.

Some might look upon his comfort ability with unsafe conditions as a negative while others may see it as a positive attribute of your trainer.

Now I don't know squat about this guy so I'm not really advocating him, I'm just pointing out a different perspective. I come from a military background, where the crazier the training is the more we got out of it. As a grunt, you're constantly around multitudes of guys with guns, grenades, rockets and mortars. Danger just comes with the territory. Guns are dangerous, I mean duh. ;)

I guess after pulling pins on grenades and holding death in your hands (among other things) you come to appreciate a heightened sense of responsibility.

If I was in that group in the video, I wouldn't feel the least bit squeamish about the safety of the training, but that's just me.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I wouldn't be AFRAID of training with him, I've no doubt trained with worse. And in training classes less safe than his. I remember as a baby police being forced to stand next to a clay target while one of the SWAT snipers shot it.

But, it's just with so many outlets competing for my time and money, he falls short.

I think it would be a fun (as in funny) class, though. And, I guess there's something to be said for that :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom