• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    That is not the law in Chicago.
    I was driving late at night south on the Dan Ryan. An unmarked car turned on blue light and forced me to the side.
    Four suited men jumped out and pulled guns.
    I was ordered out and quickly got out.
    I quickly smelled that they were 8 sheets to the wind.
    They searched my entire car.
    They jumped back in their car and drove off.
    When I called the 911 number and gave them the information.
    The 911 just said, "I must have done something wrong".

bogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Munster
    Munster

Here in munster they have a few unmarked vehicles. Two of them I definitely did not expect until I saw the lights in the grill. The vehicles I am referring to are two brand new dodge durango's. One is silver and the other is dark red /maroon. Very stealthy.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    That is not the law in Chicago.
    I was driving late at night south on the Dan Ryan. An unmarked car turned on blue light and forced me to the side.
    Four suited men jumped out and pulled guns.
    I was ordered out and quickly got out.
    I quickly smelled that they were 8 sheets to the wind.
    They searched my entire car.
    They jumped back in their car and drove off.
    When I called the 911 number and gave them the information.
    The 911 just said, "I must have done something wrong".

Any of our educated 'folks in the know' wanna hazard a guess?
    Or better yet, just explain what transpired?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Around Putnam county all the ISP cars are marked, nobody seems to notice until they are on them and the trooper is busting a u-turn in the median. I've seen a white mustang cobra with gray Shelby style stripes on 465, sneeky bastard!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Although, you drive long enough there will be more than enough marked cars show up with you that you can feel confident they are legit officers...as they yank you out of your car...
    ojchase_393121.jpg

:):

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    Or another state as happens in our area and you call Ohio where they don't have unmarked cars for traffic, major confusion.

And where we are required to notify if we are carrying. Some officers take possession of the handgun for the duration of the stop, too.

I'm glad we don't have traffic stops by unmarked cars, under our current laws. I'd hate to guess wrong, and turn my firearm over to an imposter.

I didn't realize Indiana allows stops by unmarked cars. Do you have to notify? I don't think you do, based on handgunlaw.us

Do you think it would make a difference if it was a woman calling 911, verifying legitimacy of the stop vs. a guy doing it?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I didn't realize Indiana allows stops by unmarked cars. Do you have to notify? I don't think you do, based on handgunlaw.us

Do you think it would make a difference if it was a woman calling 911, verifying legitimacy of the stop vs. a guy doing it?

no need to notify, and if your concerned ask for a marked car first, if you get negative feedback then call 911. If a state trooper is pulling you over in the middle of nowhere, local dispatch likely has no idea who he is or what he's doing. It would be easier for him to get a marked car from another agency than it would be for 911 to sort it out.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    QUOTE]what's the quota to keep one of those?[/QUOTE] the only ISP officers that have a quota are the HPV units that drive the mustangs.

And they dont have to be in full uniform just in a uniform of distinction so a polo with police on it is considered enough

Top Bottom