• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norm Dicks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Is this thing legal?
    Saw this for sale on another site and I didn't think it was legal.
    But what do I know. A glove box shotgun, dang!
    :dunno:

pix2512808078.jpg
    2:
    pix2512808031.jpg
    3:
    pix2512808000.jpg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Where did you see that, and was it for sale?

It can be legal, if the paperwork was done properly.

It would have to be on a Form4 as a Short Barreled Shotgun, but if it were, then it would be legal.

ETA: The thing is currently owned by the owner of Pop Guns (Mike). I just called the shop inquiring about it and the guy who answered the TX told me it was Mike's. I asked if it was papered as an AOW and he said he didn't know. Judging by the stock, I don't see how it could be an AOW, but you never know. I'm going to call back tomorrow and see what I can find out. It just so happens that I am in the market for something similar....

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    sanzo87 said:
    i thought it would be an aow?

It's only an AOW if it has NEVER had a stock on the receiver.
    looking at the grip, it looks as if the stock was cut off, and the grip re-formed into that nice pistol grip.

Which makes it an SBS.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That thing is listed on GunBroker and the seller is in Marion County Indiana! Now, unless all the planets are aligned properly, that thing is a SBS and therefore illegal in Indiana...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Seems to me that IC 35-47-5 could and should be repealed with the possible exception of 35-47-5-13, making it an additional crime to use body armor during the commission of another felony.

Norm, a Serbu Super Shorty would be even more, though it would be fully legal.

Curiosity: is the SSS legal because it never had a shoulder stock in the first place?

TIA!

Blessings,
    B

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Seems to me that IC 35-47-5 could and should be repealed with the possible exception of 35-47-5-13, making it an additional crime to use body armor during the commission of another felony.

Norm, a Serbu Super Shorty would be even more, though it would be fully legal.

Curiosity: is the SSS legal because it never had a shoulder stock in the first place?

TIA!

Blessings,
    B
    That's correct. The Serbu is never manufactured as a shotgun, goes straight to AOW form.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Nick and I were talking about AOW's very similar to that on our way home from INGO NFA day.

He and I are taking bets on how it is registered, but suffice it to say, if it is on a form4 or form3 as an AOW, consider it sold.

Norm Dicks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    I am glad you liked it!
    I'll see if I can find something else of interest out there.
    Keep us posted if you buy it! It is a nasty looking little feller!
    :thumbsup:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    IC 35-47-5-4.1
    Sawed-off shotgun
    Sec. 4.1. (a) A person who:
    (1) manufactures;
    (2) causes to be manufactured;
    (3) imports into Indiana;
    (4) keeps for sale;
    (5) offers or exposes for sale; or
    (6) gives, lends, or possesses;
    any sawed-off shotgun commits dealing in a sawed-off shotgun, a Class D felony.
    (b) The presence of a weapon referred to in subsection (a) in a motor vehicle (as defined under IC 9-13-2-105(a)) except for school buses and a vehicle operated in the transportation of passengers by a common carrier (as defined in IC 8-2.1-17-4) creates an inference that the weapon is in the possession of the persons occupying the motor vehicle. However, the inference does not apply to all the persons occupying the motor vehicle if the weapon is found upon, or under the control of, one (1) of the occupants. In addition, the inference does not apply to a duly licensed driver of a motor vehicle for hire who finds the weapon in the licensed driver's motor vehicle in the proper pursuit of the licensed driver's trade.
    (c) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting in the course of the officer's official duties or to a person who manufactures or imports for sale or sells a sawed-off shotgun to a law enforcement agency.

In Indiana, proper paperwork gets you a machine gun. There are no such exceptions in the sawed-off shotgun code.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom