• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Good response to the parameters of the question.

I will limit my comments to the more general nature of the question as seen frequently in many threads.
    These examples are of shop owners or employees being targeted as the victims of crime in spite of the fact they carried openly. The normal request asks how often people are targeted because they were openly carrying as opposed to concealed. "Taken out first" implies (to me) they were selected for attack first from a group to eliminate the known threat. These shop owners may have been alone, the article doesn't say.

The article should give thought to awareness, retention, etc. at a minimum.:yesway:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    This will land you in the clink for impersonation of a LEO before you knew what happened. PLEASE do not buy unless you like to spend thousands in legal fees and are willing to subject yourself to 6 months actual incarceration. I have handled these type of cases in the past and often the officer loves to get the person carrying the badge to make some representation of authority regarding the badge. And most of the time the people carrying these can't wait to tell the LEO how important they are. If you buy one BE CAREFUL -- not advised

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Ashkelon is right.
    I have seen people being arrested for impersonating a public servent using one of these. Even if not convicted it will cost you thousands in legal fees. Plus the liabilites alone...
    Do yourself a favor do not buy.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    As a prior LEO, if you know the law you will not have a problem. That said, why would you want to waste your money? If you want to wear a shield - join up! Most Reserve Deputies are even paid for details - rides/meetings are volunteer - still not a bad gig.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    My dad was a reserve deputy for a number of years. He enjoyed helping with traffic and crowd control. I don't remember it ever being a hardship. He had a badge for years, actually came in handy a few times.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think you all are missing the point of those badges. I think they represent a little thing we like to call "profit margin." You see, you buy something cheap, then you sell it for a lot more, and you have a large profit margin, which is good for you, if you're selling a thing. I think that's the real key to those badges.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I made a badge out of a yogurt lid and a safety pin. Cheaper and works just as well. If anyone looks too closely, they think I'm a Dannon Strawberry carrier.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While cool and it may be a neat thing to own, I would not wear one myself. I think you would be asking for an itch you don't want to scratch.

Why advertise something you really don't want most people to know. Being descrete is the way I recommend people carry their firearm.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I can't verify if the man was armed, but I'm guessing yes, given his occupation...
    Guard shot in Gary bank robbery

I'm gonna keep doing my invisible man impression. I'd be happiest if I was the only one on the planet who knew I was carrying a weapon at any given time. No 'weener extender' badge for me. I'd really like to hear someone, not involved in the sale of such items, who actually wears one of these comment.

As a former security guard he most likley wasn't. I've worked at a bank unarmed:eek: b/c the bank expects us to be a witness!!! Pretty hard to do when your DEAD b/c your wearing a uniform that looks like a athority figure that is most of the time armed. I told them that I would not do that job again.

Top Bottom