• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    If they really wanted to push it, they could probably get you for impersonating an officer. Or so a defense lawyer I know opined.

Josh <><

It would be if that person said he/she was a LEO and attempted to enforce a law. Otherwise just having a shield... no. I know several PI's who carry their own customized shields with the State seal etc.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    After nearly 34 years of totting one. I still rarely ever carry one off-duty. Our SOP's state that we will carry a weapon and department
    issued identification. I don't. Keep that between us. I figure when I'm not working I make a better witness. Acting as an off-duty cop without cuffs, communication, or back-up can get me into a pickle. On the other hand when someone's life is in the balance I have to act regardless. When I do, I do so under my Indiana issued permit which I do carry at all times.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    When I was doing my internship with Fountain County Sheriff's Dept., some kids (teens) were using a red light (the old fashioned globe type) on the highway. Cars were pulling over all along the road.
    Yep! Those kids got into a whole lot of trouble! No, they weren't signaling the cars over - they were just sitting on the sholder with the light flashing.
    Even if someone doesn't say anything, the belief in authority can exist - that includes badges that might be construed as law enforcement.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have thought of only one reason I would ever carry a CC badge. In some states, OC is prohibited. A CC badge would then be the closest thing to OC you were allowed to do to alert others to the fact that you are armed. (Some people still believe that this deters criminal acts instead of just making you a target.:@ya:) In Indiana, these badges seem uber-ridiculous as one can just OC (with level 3 retention holster if that is the concern.) If I conceal here, it's because concealed means concealed. No badger here:cool:

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    Those things are nothing more than "weener extenders"......kind of like the guys that try to impress people with the ridiculously loud car stereos....."LOOK HOW COOL I AM!! MY CAR STEREO CAN MAKE MY EARS BLEED!!!!" :rolleyes:

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Those things are nothing more than "weener extenders"......kind of like the guys that try to impress people with the ridiculously loud car stereos....."LOOK HOW COOL I AM!! MY CAR STEREO CAN MAKE MY EARS BLEED!!!!" :rolleyes:

i never tried to impress anyone with mine. i just like loud music.

and i say pass on the ccw badge

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Still don't understand why people can't get this. I'm still waiting for someone to show me a case where a criminal has come into a store/place/work and purposely selected someone open carrying a firearm and took them out first.
    I can't verify if the man was armed, but I'm guessing yes, given his occupation...
    Guard shot in Gary bank robbery

I'm gonna keep doing my invisible man impression. I'd be happiest if I was the only one on the planet who knew I was carrying a weapon at any given time. No 'weener extender' badge for me. I'd really like to hear someone, not involved in the sale of such items, who actually wears one of these comment.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    After nearly 34 years of totting one. I still rarely ever carry one off-duty. Our SOP's state that we will carry a weapon and department
    issued identification. I don't. Keep that between us. I figure when I'm not working I make a better witness. Acting as an off-duty cop without cuffs, communication, or back-up can get me into a pickle. On the other hand when someone's life is in the balance I have to act regardless. When I do, I do so under my Indiana issued permit which I do carry at all times.

I only carried ID and weapon off duty as well. Sheild Smield :pThe ID is what really identifies you - a shield is just a piece of metal. ...As for acting alone off duty - our SOP's were against it unless it was to prevent a forcible felony etc.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was asking the same question to a friend the other night who open carries. His answer was that it may come in handy at places where there is no law barring a firearm, but where the company policy does. He said they may see it and just let you right on in. I still don't think it is necessary, and that it could be asking for trouble.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    What is the matter with you people? Do you have no sense of pride? I am ordering two... I think they'll make a lovely pair of earrings. You can never have too much BLING! :pimp:

(PS, Drink more Ovaltine!)
    :+1: One of THEE best movies in the world!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Sweet I'll get one of those badges, put my super loud system in my Caprice, and wear my drop leg holster. Man all I need to do now is grow my mullet out and I will be cool as s**t.

Yeah the people that would order and wear this are the same ones hoe make the rest of us non-Rambo gun owners look bad. You know some clown will get nailed impersonating and the MSM will be all over it.

Top Bottom