• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    When you receive it, check all the rivets are done right, check for mag wobble, and check for canted sights. After that, have fun. t's an AK. If you pull the trigger and it goes bang, it's good.

AWDIP55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ok, Thanks I was thinking aout ordering one of these today. I just didn't know if it was a good deal or not. But talking with some of the guys at work it seems to be worth the money

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I had a pap and it was the best AK ive owned. Ive had WASR's, MAK90s, and 1 chinese but this M70 had the heaviest receiver and was built VERY well. Congrats to the serbians on their great AKs

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Right now, thats a hell of a price on a new PAP.
    Check for mag wobble, if there is any, well its an easy fix anyone with a welder can do. I wish I had an extra $500 to spend on firearms right now, cuz I'd order myself one!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    The M70 is an awesome rifle. I've had mine around 7 years and its my favorite and a favorite of friends and family. Even AR guys will wanna few shots with a good old classic AK... and on side note I'm blaming you for the Krinkov pistol I just ordered from there lol.... always wanted a Draco pistol. And have been eyeballing the polish hell-pup but after handling a krinkov at the 1500 and seeing them on sale for 499 at J&G I couldn't resist myself. Enjoy your new toy my friend

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    A better option if you're considering going the SBR route is the yugo m92. classic arms and JG have a smoking deal on those too! I'll be buying one soon.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Oh yes, nice thick receivers. They do use an unusual size of stock if I remember correctly. Very good rifles, much better than WASRs. I wish JG Sales hadn't sold out of that Persian 8mm Mauser ammo. I was about to buy it yesterday and it was sold out. They just had it not but three days ago. Oh well.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Are the Yugo NPAP rifles still uniquely sized or will generic AKM accessories fit them?

Yes all accessories will fit, but,
    Typical AKM style recoil extension pads are too small for your wooden stock.
    PSOP style mounts like, KVAR, BP-02 etc., WILL NOT FIT PROPER on the early Zastava PAP rifles Im not sure if the new ones have the regular or the original SVD style optics rail, you would need something like a M89, M77, ZRAK M76 SVD style optics or mount. "check on this if this is a concern"

The single stack and cut receiver PAP, M70 PAP rifles i've seen were are REALLY good builds, strong guaged steel, rivits are nice, uniform, strong stamps, etc,
    unlike the WASR imports, alot of slop.

Century hit it on the head with these PAP rifles IMO.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108319

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/142112_CAI_Yugo_Zastava_AKM_47_PAP_M70.html

Last edited:

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Yes all accessories will fit, but,
    Typical AKM style recoil extension pads are too small for your wooden stock.
    PSOP style mounts like, KVAR, BP-02 etc., WILL NOT FIT PROPER on the early Zastava PAP rifles Im not sure if the new ones have the regular or the original SVD style optics rail, you would need something like a M89, M77, ZRAK M76 SVD style optics or mount. "check on this if this is a concern"

The single stack and cut receiver PAP, M70 PAP rifles i've seen were are REALLY good builds, strong guaged steel, rivits are nice, uniform, strong stamps, etc,
    unlike the WASR imports, alot of slop.

Century hit it on the head with these PAP rifles IMO.

CAI Yugo Zastava AKM-47 PAP M70 rifle, 7.62x39 - The AK Files Forums

CAI Yugo Zastava AKM-47 PAP M70 - AR15.COM

Thanks IndyK

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I thought the original Yugos had 1.6mm receivers because of the grenade launcher ability but after a while CIA started using USA standard receivers on them? I have an underfolder with the thinner receiver and grenade sights. I thought on the thicker receivers the trunion area was reinforced thicker and you could tell.

Once again, this is just me asking if that's true because I thought modern Yugos have standard thickness receivers

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I thought the original Yugos had 1.6mm receivers because of the grenade launcher ability but after a while CIA started using USA standard receivers on them? I have an underfolder with the thinner receiver and grenade sights. I thought on the thicker receivers the trunion area was reinforced thicker and you could tell.

Once again, this is just me asking if that's true because I thought modern Yugos have standard thickness receivers
    The newer models don't have the "bulges" in the receiver at the trunnion.
    I don't know if the receiver is still 1.6 mm or the standard 1 mm.
    I read that the change was an economic move by the manufacturer. :dunno:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Didnt even notice the trunnion. It still looks like a nice AK. But sadly im starting to wonder what parts make it a Yugo? lol Are the barrels thinner too? I understand Economics but the 1.6mm receiver, the large trunnion and thick barrels, the old teak wood, grenade launcher sights, and solid chrome internals are distinct characteristics of the Yugo Ak's. Change all these things and you just have a very nice normal AK. lol I know Mikhail Kalashnikov said in an interview that the next best Ak47 to the original was the Yugoslavian. He had to choke it down tryin not to say they might even be better. Hes was a very proud and honest man im sure that was a challenging comment.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I bought an NPAP last week, does anyone know if there is a way to put a collapsable stock on the rifle?

Top Bottom