• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    My uncle has land in Waterloo Alabama, his neighbor shot a hog last year that weighed over 800 pounds. Ive been planning a trip down there sometime to shoot one. The fishing is just an added bonus(Pickwick Reservoir).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My uncle has land in Waterloo Alabama, his neighbor shot a hog last year that weighed over 800 pounds. Ive been planning a trip down there sometime to shoot one. The fishing is just an added bonus(Pickwick Reservoir).

I've been to Pickwick several times--the dam end.

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    800lb hog!!that ridiculus,at least he now has alot of bacon.ive heard theres a decent pig population in lawarence jackson and washimgton counties,anyone else hear that?id really like to take a few hogs and keeping the hunt in the same state would be that much better

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I have always heard about the ones they say tore up the golf course and what not over near Connersville. I do believe there were some pictures in a newspaper several years ago of one or more of them that were killed over there. I am not sure if they were the "wild boar" variety or domestics and I don't think they ever figured out if they were escaped or intentionally turned out but they did do quite a bit of damage.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I talked to a guy at work friday and he and his family hunts hogs on their farms pretty often. He invited me down once he sets up everyones schedules for the hunt. Ill let you guys know how/if it goes.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I have been told by 2 different hog hunting friends and fellow Thunder Ranch Alumni that live in Texas that their hogs are worthless for food. When I mentioned coming down to help rid them of a few but would want to donate meat that we couldn't pack home they told me it wasn't worth it. They said the missions and such would rather not accept it as donated meat because most of their hogs are just nasty. They are filled with ticks and fleas and they say many of them are full of different diseases. In a case like theirs they really are just pests. I know some of the other southern stats may not have this problem but I guess Texas hogs are just trash from what these guys say. I am sorry if this hyjacks the thread just thought I would put another .02 in...LOL

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I have been told by 2 different hog hunting friends and fellow Thunder Ranch Alumni that live in Texas that their hogs are worthless for food. When I mentioned coming down to help rid them of a few but would want to donate meat that we couldn't pack home they told me it wasn't worth it. They said the missions and such would rather not accept it as donated meat because most of their hogs are just nasty. They are filled with ticks and fleas and they say many of them are full of different diseases. In a case like theirs they really are just pests. I know some of the other southern stats may not have this problem but I guess Texas hogs are just trash from what these guys say. I am sorry if this hyjacks the thread just thought I would put another .02 in...LOL

I have heard the exact opposite from several people from Texas. They say the meat is good. I suppose it all depends on where you go and the hog.

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    I talked to a guy at work friday and he and his family hunts hogs on their farms pretty often. He invited me down once he sets up everyones schedules for the hunt. Ill let you guys know how/if it goes.
    what part of the state is ,that in?ive been talking to some guys on other forums seems just southeast of bloominton they have hogs,anyone else here this?

Top Bottom