• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    Is there any good way to fix coyote? Is it like Carp? You nail them to a board, throw them in the fire and when they are done you throw the carp away and eat the board??

i heard their hind quarters are gd to eat,but i havnt been bold enought to try them.thanks for all the info,who wants to volunterr to take me hunting:ar15:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Your sweet dumplin sounds like a ...very....interesting.....lady!;)

Yes, Mrs. CM has a distinctive style sense. When she told me this desire last fall we took several Coyote but none were usable as I was not dialed in for head shots at the distance we were shooting. My bad. I need to do better. Maybe this Christmas...............:D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yes, Mrs. CM has a distinctive style sense. When she told me this desire last fall we took several Coyote but none were usable as I was not dialed in for head shots at the distance we were shooting. My bad. I need to do better. Maybe this Christmas...............:D
    Wow! When her friends find out what she's getting for Christmas they'll hate her guts out of jealousy. She's a lucky, lucky woman. :rolleyes:

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    Yeah, you can. The population isn't that big (yet) and is really scattered so to have any sort of chance you'd have to know somebody that knows were they're running when you want to come down. Supposedly the "hot spot" that I know about is the area from around Chrisney-Gentryville towards Boonville-Lynville. Think I remember hearing about some more up in Brown, Greene, Martin and Orange Counties.
    isnt that area mostly national forest,and ive heard theres no restrictions u can kill them whenever.does that include state property?

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Well I know people are gonna hate on me for this, but I've been so jealous of the Texans that live targets running rampant through their land. I dont want the destruction they bring, but I dont think I will EVER be bored again if we had hogs.

Hate if you want, but I'd like to have them.

I don't want the massive amount of damage they bring, but like you said, if we had massive numbers of them like they do in Texas I'd never go bored again! :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In large numbers they can be so destructive and will overwhelm other native animals to any area. They also will root up crops etc. In the 60's and 70's my cousins hunted them regularly in Putnam Co. I took more than a few during that time.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    isnt that area mostly national forest,and ive heard theres no restrictions u can kill them whenever.does that include state property?

Yes, there is quite a bit of state and federal land in those areas. Yes, with wild hogs there is no season and IIRC in last year's hunting reg book it stated basically shoot on sight. And all you'll need is a regular hunting license for public land.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I haven't tasted wild hog for a long time but years ago my cousin, who farms with her husband near Haubstadt, had shot a couple in Arkansas and invited the clan to their place for a meal. They didn't tell anybody what it was that we were eating but it or the sauce was real sweet but tangy. I didn't like the taste. When they told us I almost tossed my cookies.

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    I haven't tasted wild hog for a long time but years ago my cousin, who farms with her husband near Haubstadt, had shot a couple in Arkansas and invited the clan to their place for a meal. They didn't tell anybody what it was that we were eating but it or the sauce was real sweet but tangy. I didn't like the taste. When they told us I almost tossed my cookies.
    where they bacon flavored cookies

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Our group used to go deep into Tennessee once a year for an organized Ferrell pig hunt. It was a very small town at the very end of the last power cord from the last power pole in the area. Most did not have electricity except genny's. Way the heck from anything. It was a camp out with a continuous hog roast going on. They took all the pigs and butchered them. The meat was passed around to those in town in need. Great fun and good folks. Not been in years (early 90's) but always got at least 1.

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    Our group used to go deep into Tennessee once a year for an organized Ferrell pig hunt. It was a very small town at the very end of the last power cord from the last power pole in the area. Most did not have electricity except genny's. Way the heck from anything. It was a camp out with a continuous hog roast going on. They took all the pigs and butchered them. The meat was passed around to those in town in need. Great fun and good folks. Not been in years (early 90's) but always got at least 1.
    my aunt lives out thataway,never hunted hogs though,i did catch some nice bass and catfish there.almost steped on a rattler too.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN

That sound like what i want to do right there. I would like to bring one hog home and anything else shot would be for local people in need. I got a few friends that were wanting to do the same thing.

Top Bottom