• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    Went and shot the p938 today. Put 300 or so rounds through it with 0 FTF and 0 FTE. All in all it performed just as I would expect a Sig to. Pretty happy with it.

100% comfortable with it as a carry weapon for the wife. She happens to be left handed so if she isn't carrying I can carry it on my left as a bug :-).

What ammo did you run through it? I've been holding off for a 9mm Shield, but I might have to just go with the 938 since they are more readily available.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I carried the Shield in 9mm and then went to the .40 for a while. I discovered that it didn't conceal or provide any noticeable level of comfort better than the 4.25" M&P .40 that holds 16 rounds. So, I dumped the Shield and went back to my standard carry.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What ammo did you run through it? I've been holding off for a 9mm Shield, but I might have to just go with the 938 since they are more readily available.
    Just WWB, put some Gold Dot 9mm +P Short Barrel through it as well to make sure it would feed and extract properly and had no issues.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Ruger SR9C. Awesome conceal weapon.

I agree. Another post also mentioned the Ruger LC9, which is another great concel carry gun. The LC9 is single stack, so you have a very thin grip, with 7+1 capacity. The big issue with the LC9 is that it is double action only and trigger is the same as if you're firing a revolver. Some people like that, others don't.

As for the SR9c, it's striker fired. I have checked out the full version of the SR9, which is a striker-fired weapon like the Glock and the S&W MP series, but has a thinner grip and an external safety, as well as the same "safe trigger" mechanism as the other two. The SR9C is a bit smaller than the fullsize SR9, and standard capacity mags for it are 10 rounds. However, it comes with an adapter so you can use the 17 round mags if you want. I believe the SR9c has a slightly shorter barrel than the fullsize SR9. Also, both the SR9 and the SR9c have a reversible backstrap that is flat on one side and arched on the other. I have smaller hands, as well, and the Glocks and S&W MP don't fit my hands very well. But the SR9 with the flat backstrap fits perfect.

These should all be in your price range, although Ruger's suggested retail price is higher.

Hope that gives you the info you need. If not, do youtube searches for reviews on each of the guns you're considering

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Looking for anything else that I should compare it to. I have relatively small hands and I insist there be a safety as well. What else should I try out? Thanks.

for me, there certainly is. The shield is too small for my hand for one. And it doesn't work well for a left handed person.

My preferred carry weapon now is my new S&W 1911...it's slimmer, shorter, and lighter than my S&W M&P 5" and my S&W 66 revolver.

It's got tritium night sites.

And 45 acp rounds carry plenty of knock down power.

Top Bottom