Is the carry of a 1911 possibly fatal 4 U???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This thing comes up every now and then, and if i'm not mistaken years ago some police departments jumped on the bandwagon but quickly jumped off. As for the slide stop issue, it's conceivable but highly unlikely that you could push in on the slide stop at just the moment the disassembly notch passes over but I too have never seen it happen and have worked on hundreds of 1911's for customers and trained just as many who used 1911's. The common fix if this scares you is to just have your gunsmith machine off the protruding portion of the axle flush or slightly under the frame, countersink the frame and it actually looks pretty good. You see this modification done quite often but it usually is done more for something different (like top and rear serrations) rather than really being necessary.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    This shooting technique was mentioned during a training exercise I attended while in the Army. It was followed by the words "never" and "stupid". I cannot remember exactly what was said, but it involved those words.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    This 5shot clown has spouted this junk all over the net for a couple of years now. I seriously wish he would just go away. I hope this doesn't stimulate my dark side....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Seems to me this is a good way of slicing open your index finger as the slide travels back under recoil the edge of the slide would be in contact with your finger and slice it right open.

Perhaps that is why in the idiotic video there are little finger guards shown on some of the guns!?! I suppose in the next so-called training video we will all learn that all guns that don't have the finger guard are dangerous and ill-designed bastardizations of ideas because they lack critical safety features.

Oh, and that will lead to a third video showing properly designed holsters. Of course those holster will be the ones that have a groove cut in them to accept the plastic finger guard. Clearly any holster that is so ill conceived as to not have a properly moulded channel for the finger guard thingy shown in the video is condoning ill-conceived gun design . . . but wait, for only $89.95 I'm sure there is a holster at the link shown in the video!

Soonerdoggy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    Beautiful and Great airplane pictures. As a pilot, I love that stuff.

Dumb 1911 video, (the guy who made it, not 5 shot) As a shooter and NRA instructor, I hate that stuff.

I too have never seen anyone shoot a gun that way. but, this is America, whatever floats the boat !

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    As a LEFTY, I feel much safer now!

Actually, the 1911 has been kicking butt for almost 100 years now, and it seems to me it's the fella at the OTHER end of the gun who ought to be worried!

Vanguard.45

Last edited:

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    So 99 years of service doesn't speak for it's reputation??? Maybe this guy just doesn't want to pony up the cash for .45 ACP, maybe he's too broke to go to the range, or perhaps... He got this idea from shooting a painball gun, because I've NEVER seen a real shooter use their middle finger to actuate the trigger on a real firearm.

I call BS, and the fact that he hasn't even defended his point really speaks for your character. I'll sit back and listen to an argument if you're willing to supply legitimate ideas, but you can't just show up and say "AR vs AK? AK, 'nuff said." It's a bull**** argument style and shows your insecurity in your own convictions when you won't even back up your argument. Begone.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well, for funs and gigglies I read through this thread. I want that minute and 30 seconds that I wasted on that video back. I can think of a use for my middle finger, and it's not pulling the trigger. That being said, there is a use for point shooting. Everything in it's proper place.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom