• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I am voting for Bernie in the primary. Every little anti-Hillary vote could help make her spend more money fighting Bernie off... I think we are stuck between a crap sandwich and a full barf bag as far as our choices are on the conservative side. After Rand dropped out, there wasn't a lot left for a decent conservative choice. Cruz just seems kind of like a slimy lawyer and Trump some kind of sleazy used car salesman. They have their positive points and anyone (or anything) would be a better choice than Hillary. I just cannot stomach the though of the lying, condescending, entitled female dog and her damn husband back in the White House.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, if you're judging Cruz by the company he keeps, that **** goes both ways. And at least Cruz isn't parading his new ***** all over the airwaves nuzzling his sack, like Trump is with Chrisitie.

Christie is as stereotypical as an attorney can get. That rubs people the wrong way.

He has a reasonably solid conservative track record and vetoed boatloads of gun control as governor.

He's like a friendlier version of Maine's governor, Paul LePage.(Who also endorses Trump) I really wish LePage would run for president, that man is something else.

[video=youtube;QlFnlJw7Nj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlFnlJw7Nj0[/video]

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Cruz's detractors totally crack me up when one of the indictments of him that they throw up is how despised he is in the Senate.
    Yeah, when both houses of Congress's approval ratings are in the teens with the voting public, that so many in Congress dislike Cruz is somehow a nagative?
    Ha!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Cruz's detractors totally crack me up when one of the indictments of him that they throw up is how despised he is in the Senate.
    Yeah, when both houses of Congress's approval ratings are in the teens with the voting public, that so many in Congress dislike Cruz is somehow a nagative?
    Ha!

If it poisons the pot to the point any legislation he supports will fail, yeah it's a negative.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    No one who worked inside a presidential administration. Is married to a GS vice president, or is being supported by a legion of consummate insiders can legitimately claim to be an outsider. He might be disliked. But that isn't the same as being an outsider.

He is not a government outsider. Not outside of the elites, never said he does not have connections. He IS a party outsider. He and Trump are the two candidates that are party outsiders in this election.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ted Cruz is among the better ones, is a constitutional conservative, and he definitely is a friend to gun owners.
    The fact that so much libelous BS is being thrown around to sully his campaign is an indication of how much the left doesn't want him in power.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Have you worked for someone who had a chance of winning? ;)

lol Nice jab.
    As a serious response, I have a 3-1 Win-Loss record. (Counting campaigns in which I played a major role). My one loss was a city council campaign in a heavy democrat district where we won every swing precinct by a 2-1 margin and still lost the election. The mayor (Ballard, 2011), who won the election overall, got about as many votes as we did in that district. My three wins were two state senate elections and being a campaign chairman for Governor Pence. Down in the 9th district I have access to info that you don't, so my candidate isn't nearly as much as a long shot as you might imagine. ;)

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to read your research on Trump.

:popcorn:

Where would I even start??? lol

The reason why I hit Cruz and not Trump is that for all his flip-flopping chicanery, he isn't blatantly pandering to the liberty/conservative vote while being a lying neocon. If Cruz was just honest about where he really lands in the ideological spectrum, I'd probably leave him alone. My feeling about Trump or Kasich is that, if you can't tell who they are by now, I probably can't help you. Cruz however has a very slick propaganda machine and is fooling a lot of conservatives.

Trump's war with the RNC is kinda like the war between the Nazis and the Soviets. You want the Nazis (RNC) to lose, but you don't necessarily like the Soviets (Trump) much either....

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    He is not a government outsider. Not outside of the elites, never said he does not have connections. He IS a party outsider. He and Trump are the two candidates that are party outsiders in this election.

Big difference between a party outsider and an actual outsider, but I concede your point.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ted Cruz is among the better ones, is a constitutional conservative, and he definitely is a friend to gun owners.
    The fact that so much libelous BS is being thrown around to sully his campaign is an indication of how much the left doesn't want him in power.
    I don't know what about illegally bypassing constitutionally required 2/3rds majorities, surrendering power to the executive, warrantless spying, carpet bombing Syria, crony capitalism, government managed trade, handing private property over to corporations via government theft, or punishing legit whistle blowers says either "constitutional" or "conservative", but I can assure you my writings aren't libelous. Just follow the nearly two dozen links provided.
    :scratch:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Christie is as stereotypical as an attorney can get. That rubs people the wrong way.

Christie is as stereotypical of a rino or perhaps east coast repub as you can get. In IN he would pretty much half to run as a D to get any respect.

I don't know what about illegally bypassing constitutionally required 2/3rds majorities, surrendering power to the executive, warrantless spying, carpet bombing Syria, crony capitalism, government managed trade, handing private property over to corporations via government theft, or punishing legit whistle blowers says either "constitutional" or "conservative", but I can assure you my writings aren't libelous. Just follow the nearly two dozen links provided.
    :scratch:

Can you offer a cite of how the TPA bypasses the required 2/3 majority? The best that I can find is they still have to vote on the final agreement, they just can't change it.

ETA and you do know that the TPA has been in effect off and on since at least the early '70s right?

And I'm sure you can understand the differences between let's say a pipeline and a parking lot correct? Or let's say power lines, or railroads, or ... Do you have natural gas at your home? Non self generated electricity? Cable or landline phone? Eminent domain has been used for private parties for at least 150 years. But were required to meet the public use requirement. Things such as pipelines and railroads met that requirement. A parking lot for a single business? Not so much. Also iirc land used for pipelines/railroads/utilities if the use for such is abandoned the land reverts to the former owner. Again the parking lot, not so much.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Eminent domain has been used for private parties for at least 150 years. But were required to meet the public use requirement. Things such as pipelines and railroads met that requirement. A parking lot for a single business? Not so much.

*Applause*

Congratulations, now you know why TRUMP DIDN'T GET TO TAKE THE POOR LITTLE WIDOW'S HOME!

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    No one who worked inside a presidential administration. Is married to a GS vice president, or is being supported by a legion of consummate insiders can legitimately claim to be an outsider. He might be disliked. But that isn't the same as being an outsider.

This is hard to refute. His is the gold standard resume for an establishment politician. One term of being a hard ass and dickhead to get his name in the press and we are supposed to believe that somehow he is a different class of dickhead? Not buying it.

Top Bottom