• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That's what constitutional or 90% is for. $1.00 face = 0.715 ounces.
    I'm just not interested in trying to explain to a 26 year old millennial why a pre '64 coin is 90% silver and they can just take my word for it when I'm trying to barter scarce resources for their scarce resources. I'd rather start the conversation by saying "you see what's stamped on the bar?"

I get there's a time and place for the coins, but I'm not interested in it.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'm just not interested in trying to explain to a 26 year old millennial why a pre '64 coin is 90% silver and they can just take my word for it when I'm trying to barter scarce resources for their scarce resources. I'd rather start the conversation by saying "you see what's stamped on the bar?"

I think if it comes to that dystopia where silver is a primary exchange medium, most people will be very familiar with pre-65 part-silver coins and we won't have to constantly explain.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

Cool. You stack, I stack, we all stack for later!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

All the millennials in my family know about this and have their own already. But they can hardly be considered usual.

Can't believe I actually timed it right for once. I guess even a blind squirrel gets an acorn occasionally.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Been using that same analogy to explain the fiat currency debacle for 20 years. The Fed. Res. System is the real evil in America today.
    Most of the time, they can't see the forest for the trees.
    One answer is... "That silver ounce can go down in price, but my dollar will still be a dollar."
    I don't waste my time educating, with logic like that.
    The public school system should have already done that.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I overall in the entire population most people are unaware of the real value in precious metals. Younger folks that are tuned up on that value are certainly the exception not the rule. It gives me some hope to hear of young people with a solid understanding of economics though.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I always liked the old "an average guy, buying the average house, used to be 100 ounces of silver. Kinda points to what a correction might look like.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I always liked the old "an average guy, buying the average house, used to be 100 ounces of silver. Kinda points to what a correction might look like.
    At least one pundit puts it at 250.00 oz. In 2029 due to the industrial use in solar and electric cars. But he’s in the selling metal business.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Moving up with positive sentiment and narrative behind this move from all the banking news.... The narrative is the only thing that can break the friction of dollar pumping and bailouts in the near term... and then....

Screenshot_2023-03-12_18-12-13.png

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Moving up with positive sentiment and narrative behind this move from all the banking news.... The narrative is the only thing that can break the friction of dollar pumping and bailouts in the near term... and then....

View attachment 262129
    J. Yellon. “No bail out”, says the cost of the recent bank failures will be borne by U.S. taxpayers.

I didn’t see that coming!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom