• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Those holding AGE and doing a reverse trade will be well rewarded. I’m watching closely if, when it hits my comfort number of 95:1 I’ll own a few new 100 oz. Engelhard Door stops. Already called my broker and got the trade in place. He’s giving me a one business day window to complete the trade. Due to travel time and distance. Good luck everyone.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    91.15:1 now, have to see what happens at opening bell. You may only have a matter of minutes or even seconds. Or it could keep going the way it is and be 100:1 I’ll never know or care I’ll have my finger on the dial button when I see 95 my lag time is about 2 minutes. The pro traders have real time and that makes a big difference for us little guys.

Paper contract traders really make it hard for physical traders. But of course the market isn’t manipulated, ya right.

My dealer won’t work on the international market, it has to be U.S. cause thats where he does his brick and mortar business. All physical.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    91.15:1 now, have to see what happens at opening bell. You may only have a matter of minutes or even seconds. Or it could keep going the way it is and be 100:1 I’ll never know or care I’ll have my finger on the dial button when I see 95 my lag time is about 2 minutes. The pro traders have real time and that makes a big difference for us little guys.

Paper contract traders really make it hard for physical traders. But of course the market isn’t manipulated, ya right.

My dealer won’t work on the international market, it has to be U.S. cause thats where he does his brick and mortar business. All physical.
    See, I don't know anything about this part of the PM market. All I know how to do is buy and store. So I need to find a brick and mortar business to do this (at least to do it most easily)?

I know Tyler let me know about a place out in Greenfield, and I know there's a jeweler/gold and silver buyer near me. Maybe I should talk to them?

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    See, I don't know anything about this part of the PM market. All I know how to do is buy and store. So I need to find a brick and mortar business to do this (at least to do it most easily)?

I know Tyler let me know about a place out in Greenfield, and I know there's a jeweler/gold and silver buyer near me. Maybe I should talk to them?

l’m sure you will find a bullion dealer in Indy. Sometimes a jewelry store, coin store, pawn broker. The two I have used, 1 is a coin shop, the other, the one I’ve used most and for the last 2 decades is a jewelry store. Best (lowest) premium over spot and Best (highest) Buy back + premium over spot. He is a retailer, He of course has connections to bullion dealers that only sell to retailers. Unless you buy from the US Mint, that is how physical bullion gets into private hands. Or buy from a reputable smelting dealer like Silvertown or Englehard or one of the other nationality respected smelting dealers. If you call Silvertown or Kitco and make a deal it’s known the market fluctuates by the minute. If gold goes up or down a hundred bucks while you are on the call doesn’t change the price you agree to for that order.

Now there are many fly by night middle men that will take advantage of unsuspecting consumers. “We buy gold and silver type guys.” But after you’ve been to a few you will find an honest dealer, and as you learn more and develop a relationship the better and easier it is for you to make deals that are good for you. And less likely you are to be taken advantage of. If a guy offers you a gold eagle for X + premium, ask him what his buy back price is + premium. Remember he has to make a living but not all of it has to come from you. The guy with the narrowest distance between buy and sell is your man.

With my fellow we’ve come to a point where I can make a call and lock a price and he knows I’ll be there within 24 hrs. to close the deal, rather in cash or bullion. Even when the price goes up or down between my call, and when I get there, we made a deal. And we both honor it. That is the only way to do it, he has a business to run and he can run it successfully if he knows his bottom line. Same for me I want the most oz’s I can get and I count on him to uphold his part of the agreement. All this is JMO

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Mon. Metals shows spot at $19.26 for silver, quite the dip. Getting ready to hit the "place order" button though I think we may be looking at a $17-$18 floor.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Nice fractional bar. I have been tempted by the 1/25th oz Philharmonics but the premium is high, even for fractional. the 1/10th oz are about as low as I will go. I did pull the trigger on a kilo bar from Monument.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Has anyone had Monument actually ship anything yet? They've taken the money out of my checking account for all 3 of my recent orders, but I have yet to get any kind of payment acknowledgement or any ship notices. Provident was always pretty fast to ship.

Top Bottom