• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I took my daughter to get her permit a few weeks ago. In Kokomo, if you haven't done it online, they take you to their computer to do it online. So, I would suggest saving a little time by filling out the application online before you go...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Originally Posted by IndyBassin
    Didn't realize that you could apply for them online now... that's pretty cool.

Application for Handgun License

Anyone applied online?

Pretty short list...

IMPORTANT: Currently, online submissions of Indiana Handgun Applications are not accepted in all counties. Before continuing, ensure (and click) that the county you are applying to exists in the following list:

BOONE HOWARD MARION MIAMI WELLS
    Tippecanoe County is to be added to that list, according to the sheriff.

I cannot imagine that there are no others also "to be added".
    Blessings,
    Bill

DBpB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    New Albany
    Didn't realize that you could apply for them online now... that's pretty cool.

Application for Handgun License

Anyone applied online?

I did, I DID! :patriot:

Always let myself rely on the licensing thru work. Finally decided to go ahead and get the lifetime... took just a few minutes to do online, it gives you a reference # upon completion. Took it to the sheriff's office on my way to work just Monday and was out in 10 minutes, fingerprints and all. I was quite impressed with the whole thing really.:cool:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    as in my grandfather cn kick your grandfathers butt? Or I swore to my grandfather that the trophy he brought home from WW2 would have to be pried from my cold dead hands before I let anyone violate my RTKBA?

If they make a play for our guns I am the least of their problems. The guys with howitzers are gonna raise the big stink long before they come after gramps.:draw:
    Isn't there a grandfather clause?

DBpB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    New Albany
    Ok, so to resurrect this thread again... And to update on the most recent time status... May 10th was when I applied and sent the app to the state, I just got it Aug 9th. 13 weeks then. Who's keeping the state in check on their time allotments?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ok, so to resurrect this thread again... And to update on the most recent time status... May 10th was when I applied and sent the app to the state, I just got it Aug 9th. 13 weeks then. Who's keeping the state in check on their time allotments?

First, the tracking of timelines is happening in this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/6875-current_ltch_wait.html, if you're interested, and second, no one is. They are overwhelmed with new apps and renewals and while I suppose you could file a court case against them, the extra delay will likely be seen as minimal and the case frivolous. Note that I did not say I agree with that, just that that's the likely outcome.

Glad to see you got your LTCH!

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Not to be a pessimist, but I'm beginning to feel that the writing is on the wall with the upcoming election. I know that there has been a lot of talk about Obama's anti gun positions, but what are the chances legislation could be passed that would take away our right to carry a firearm?

I firmly believe Obama would like to eliminate our right to carry firearms, but do you guys think this could happen?

Um, why would you think THEY cant? That stupid peice of paper, the Constitution? Ha, that peice of crap is mainly always used to promote something entirely anti-American, not that I could ever expect the Govt to abide by it; The people running America arent the people , it's the Elites.

Elites learned a nasty lession during the French Revolution when citizens are armed and angry.

If you look at where the Right to Bear arms comes from, Anglo-Saxon Nations, you'll see our cousins have been stripped of they're right; The very people who set the foundation for us.

True sign of tyanny is when Citizens cannot even be armed; Shows that the Elites fear what could happen.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Um, why would you think THEY cant? That stupid peice of paper, the Constitution? Ha, that peice of crap is mainly always used to promote something entirely anti-American, not that I could ever expect the Govt to abide by it; The people running America arent the people , it's the Elites.

Elites learned a nasty lession during the French Revolution when citizens are armed and angry.

If you look at where the Right to Bear arms comes from, Anglo-Saxon Nations, you'll see our cousins have been stripped of they're right; The very people who set the foundation for us.

True sign of tyanny is when Citizens cannot even be armed; Shows that the Elites fear what could happen.

It could happen!

picture.php

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    What ever happened to ex post facto? How can those scumbags make something illegal tomorrow that is legal today? I know that they probably do it all of the time, but I will have to find my copy of the constitution to see what it says about federal ex post facto laws.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    One thing I remember from my high school Civics classes (low those many years gone by) was: Congress shall make no ex post facto laws. It was like a commandment or something...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This one time, at band camp, I heard that the state police were going to stop issuing lifetime concealed weapon permits.

Top Bottom