• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    That was the question I asked myself tonight while shopping at the nearby Cashsaver grocery store. I stopped in the middle of the aisle, and found that yes, my gun was indeed making it's way down my pant leg, at an ever quickening pace. I scanned the aisle and found that I was the only person in it, and began to dig it out. I was sure that someone would see me and think I was shoplifting or something else equally nefarious. I finally got the gun up and hooked it around my belt instead of just my pants and quickly finished my business and got out of there. Turns out the plastic clip is not as tight as I thought. Needless to say I have spent the rest of the evening shopping for a new holster. Lesson learned, and it could have been much worse.

sleepey7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    indianapolis
    i never thought about getting a gun belt till this past weekend at the 1500 i got to talk to ilovemywoods at the ingo booth and he told me the next thing i should look for is a good gun belt

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I have a pair of pants with a big hole in the pocket, which I always forget about. I'll stick my car keys or phone in the pocket which will get caught temporarily and usually fall out randomly in public. Good thing I don't carry a pocket pistol

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Look into crossbread holsters since you are on the market for a new one. Love my supertuck.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    How about a link or name of a good gun belt supplier? I tried searching, but it comes up with 2000 topics.

Beltman- Expensive, but very nice leather belts.
    Wilderness Tactical- Nice, affordable synthetic belts.
    Crossbreed- Make nice belts in addition to holsters.
    Super BioBelt- Many INGOers like these synthetic belts. They also make leather belts.

You can search INGO for these names to see reviews/comments.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    People always spend the money on the gun, and ignore the holster, belt, training.

^this^

I never understood spending $400-1500 on a sidearm, only to put it in a $15 "universal" nylon or fabric clip holster. Invest in a good gun belt, holster, and (if you choose to carry them) spare mag pouch. Not only is it safer to carry with such gear, you'll be infinitely more comfortable.

Then, after you've acquired said gear, PRACTICE WITH IT. It'll do you no good, and possibly do you and others great harm, if you don't know your @$$ from a hole in the ground about your equipment.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Several good 'gun belt' makers out there. I purchased mine from Beltman (double thickness with an internal stiffner), and after 5+ years, they still look new. But, not 'cheap' (IIRC, about $110 ea. when I bought them).

Clipping a holster on the pants waistband only is never a good idea. Even a cheap 'Walmart' belt is preferable to that.

Agree with the views of other posters. IF you're spending hard-earned money on a firearm, :spend: the $$$ to get a good holster and good belt. 'Walmart' belts are not serviceable (still, better than nothing and useable temporarily, in a pinch). Pick one of the beltmakers listed by pudly or Bigtanker, and keep that shiny, cherished hardware in a great holster.

Just for reference, probably looking at $150 - $200+ for a good holster / belt combo, quite possibly more. Cheap 'insurance'.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ah, I remember well the day when I learned that carrying a Para-Ordnance in the waistband of sweatpants was ill-advised . . .

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a pair of pants with a big hole in the pocket, which I always forget about. I'll stick my car keys or phone in the pocket which will get caught temporarily and usually fall out randomly in public. Good thing I don't carry a pocket pistol

I sometimes carry a North American Arms mini-22 in my pocket.
    I have to be VERY careful not to carry it into a GFZ (lawful GFZ).

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have to be VERY careful not to carry it into a GFZ (lawful GFZ).

I know a guy who had to abruptly leave a high school football game once when he realized he still had his p3at in his pocket. I can only imagine the mental panic this new-at-the-time-carrier must have felt while practically running to get off the property.

Top Bottom