• ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Based on what?
    While I won't even attempt to quantify it, 88, there were numerous threads here during the primaries where repubs were screaming about Coates and trying to get folks to vote for the other candidates. After Coates, predictably, won many of those same people went right over to the "vote for the gop candidate or all is lost" club. We even got to hear the tired old mantra of "abandon all principles, ye who enter the voting both" from folks. Was it 90%. Couldn't say, but it was no small number. Fortunately, lots of folks did choose to stick to their guns and voted for a candidate that fitted in with their principles, even tho that candidate didn't win.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Follow up question...

If Ellsworth gets the Dem nod, and Lugar gets through the primary... how many of you will go right back over to the

"vote for the gop candidate or all is lost" and the "abandon all principles, ye who enter the voting booth" clubs.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Follow up question...

If Ellsworth gets the Dem nod, and Lugar gets through the primary... how many of you will go right back over to the

I will do as I did in the Coats fiasco, throw my vote away on the Libertarian candidate. I believe several other GOPers on here have pledged to do the same.

oldxylophone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2010
    "I didn't see any *real* reports of Obama supporters curb stomping people ..." - ghostinthewood

One idiot, acting on his own accord and by no direction, that should be prosecuted. You can't control individuals, only hold them responsible for their actions and denounce such actions.

But, watch it when Dems-with-an-agenda are in charge ...

Ruby Ridge ...

Waco ...

Young Elian Gonzalez (remember the picture!) ...

What about the kid who was terrified in their own home when app. 500 S.E.I.U. union members held a little "protest" in their yard, surrounding the home this past spring ...
    What's really behind SEIU's Bank of America protests - May. 19, 2010

I don't want to think about what I would do if my child were terrified in our home with this mob outside!

Or, we could talk about the Black Panthers intimidating voters and Holder letting it go ...

Or Napolitano publishing a DHS report warning of "right wing extremists" ...

Knock the Tea Party all you want, the next few years are going to be interesting. The vast majority of Tea Party people are nice, everyday people that are tired of big government infringing on their lives, property, and liberties. We live in interesting times and this will be fun to watch as the end of the Great Keynesian Experiment draws near and the consequences of such insanity are realized ...

I'm new to all this political stuff, but I just got a question. What liberties are being infringed on? Im not sayin they aren't but I just wanna know what you all think:patriot:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I will do as I did in the Coats fiasco, throw my vote away on the Libertarian candidate. I believe several other GOPers on here have pledged to do the same.

I also voted for Sink-Burris the Libertarian for Senate, but I respectfully disagree that I threw my vote away.

Though Coats may be a member of the Republican Party, he ISN'T a republican. i.e. An Article IV Section 4 "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government,..." republican who observes the enumerated powers granted to the federal government under a constitutional republic.
    Coats is actually another Republican who speaks of "our democracy".

Ironically, the Libertarian candidate Sink-Burris is more of a republican than Coats.

WHY do I not feel I threw my vote away?
    Because eventually the Republican party will wise up and see all the votes THEY are throwing away from the electorate who are true republicans, and make an effort to win those votes.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I also voted for Sink-Burris the Libertarian for Senate, but I respectfully disagree that I threw my vote away.
    My girlfriend, who recently moved from Michigan, said if she could've voted she would've voted for Sink-Burris but she'd feel like she was throwing her vote away. I corrected her =p

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Though Coats may be a member of the Republican Party, he ISN'T a republican. i.e. An Article IV Section 4 "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government,..." republican who observes the enumerated powers granted to the federal government under a constitutional republic.
    Coats is actually another Republican who speaks of "our democracy".

Ironically, the Libertarian candidate Sink-Burris is more of a republican than Coats.

WHY do I not feel I threw my vote away?

Because eventually the Republican party will wise up and see all the votes THEY are throwing away from the electorate who are true republicans, and make an effort to win those votes.

Sink-Burris was the candidate that best represented the totality of my views. There are two reasons I didn't vote for her.

I can't get past a few plank in the Libertarian Party platform. She supported those planks. Her artfully worded statements failed in their attempt to moderate the radical position of the Libertarian Party.

Coats may not be the conservative senator we want. Ellsworth would have been the liberal senator we don't need. A vote for Burris-Sink was a vote for Ellsworth. I wasn't going to take a chance to "send a message" to the Republican Party. Honestly you're deluded if you think that parties see or care about your "message". If they win they win. If they lose it was because they didn't raise enough money, the candidate wasn't effective in getting their message out, the candidate ran a poor campaign, etc. Elections two years ago are ancient history. Get over the thought there's some coded message in your vote. There isn't.

I would vote for her in a primary against Lugar if she ran as a Republican. As a Libertarian at best she's a gadfly.

Her best shot it to get into the game rather than sit on the sidelines and act like she's playing.

Top Bottom