Is it too soon for a Friday Night Steel thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Heck Burl that's still faster than some of the strings I've done with a weapon that functions 100% of the time! A 24.65 with that many malfunctions that's pretty good and you kept your cool, I didn't even hear any beeep bbbeeddeybeeps, if that would have been me it would have sounded like a dead guys heart monitor.

There is one on the RCC steel thread where runandgun did not do any editing. I wasn't even shooting.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Heck Burl that's still faster than some of the strings I've done with a weapon that functions 100% of the time! A 24.65 with that many malfunctions that's pretty good and you kept your cool, I didn't even hear any beeep bbbeeddeybeeps, if that would have been me it would have sounded like a dead guys heart monitor.

Plus, this is only one stage...it happened on all 5 strings of all 5 stages.

PLEASE BURL....NO TINY GUN...:D

runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I have a friend that is wanting to try shooting FNS this week. He has a XD 40. But only has 3 mags. If I remember right, you need a 5 mag minimum. Is there anyone out there who has a couple of extra mags and would be willing to loan them to him?

He is a member at MCFG and a good, safe shooter. But this will be his first time at a Steele Match. This will be a one time loan. If he comes again I told him he will need to get more mags. Thanks in advance.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have a friend that is wanting to try shooting FNS this week. He has a XD 40. But only has 3 mags. If I remember right, you need a 5 mag minimum. Is there anyone out there who has a couple of extra mags and would be willing to loan them to him?

He is a member at MCFG and a good, safe shooter. But this will be his first time at a Steele Match. This will be a one time loan. If he comes again I told him he will need to get more mags. Thanks in advance.

I shoot a Glock 17 and only have 3 Mags. It is more than enough.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Gladly.... and sadly... I will be there.

My son's team lost the Sectional champ game to the #1 team in the State 31-27.

The Glock will be happy though :D

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I would like to see the video, was it at the texas star by chance?

By the way I have my revolver back from Smith & Wesson think I will leave off the red dot.

Yes it was the Texas star! Here you go, awsome!:rockwoot:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h0hvCjM2UM]YouTube - J.C. FNS Texas star[/ame]
    Your not going to use the scope? Well I guess you don't need it huh!:cool:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Re: magazines/shots fired/scoring

A missed plate or a plate shot out of sequence is a 3 second penalty. I've seen several shooters burn all or the better part of a standard capacity magazine (15+ rounds) to hit that last plate. If you can't hit it in 3 seconds - move on and take your penalties. It will save you frustration, time, ammo, and $$$.

YMMV.

Top Bottom